Re: Ironic story.

  • throb_list
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 1, 2002

      > New ones have a solid, sewn loop (no Velcro).

      Made a modification to mine that involves another velcro strap going
      around the original one - orthogonal to it.

      > > Then thick bungee rope that is
      > > on the board itself snapped,
      >
      > No change there on the new ones, so make sure you have the little
      > thin line (tied to the board) routed AS IT COMES FROM THE FACTORY!
      > It's rather hard to describe (maybe I should try to get a photo
      > uploaded to my group file), but it's like a lark's head around the
      > bungee, just above the rubber-dipped bungee connection point "hog-
      > rings". That way the tension of the line bites down into the
      bungee,
      > instead of trying to separate the connection rings.

      Naa would not help..... my bungee rope snapped where the brass leash
      hook connects... but as steve says better that breaks than somethign
      else.
    • kiteboard2000
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 2, 2002
        --- In kitesurf@y..., "throb_list" <captain1@i...> wrote:

        > Naa would not help..... my bungee rope snapped where the brass
        leash
        > hook connects...

        So the bungee material itself failed, & the "hog-ring" connection
        point remained intact?!

        Mel