Re: [ksurf] Re: New Year 2002 predictions

  • Tunico Lage
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 31, 2001
      Let me have a shot at this also...

      1 - We will end 2002 with a TOTALLY diferent list of "hot" kitesurfers. The
      "sacred cows" that are still there by force of marketing and videos shot on
      a certain "kite paradise" will no longer fool the masses. How many comps one
      sacred cow has to loose, eliminated in the early rounds, for the masses to
      think that something is wrong with the videos and magazines?

      2 - The mith that seems cast in stone (in magazines and videos shot at a
      certain "kite paradise") that "the future of kitesurfing is in wakeboarding"
      will fall crashing to the earth together with a few companies that had bet
      their future on that. (compounded by the fact that in a recent list told by
      Bruno of companies authorized to build "Lagainaux style" kites, I could not
      find Liquid Force).

      3 - Landboarding, or kitelandboarding, or whatever the name you want to call
      it (ever heard that beginning of sentence before??) will explode...and will
      get so much tv time and coverage that it may even cause a "reborn" of foil
      kites for use in water because foil companies (mainly paraglider companies)
      will have the incentive to do the amount of R&D necessary to properly adapt
      foils to "boarding" situations, and will have the $$ to mount a marketing
      counter ofensive to the inflatable companies (mainly windsurfing companies).

      4 - This list will still be a force driving many of the inovations we see in
      stores, even if the "stablishment" insists that they don´t read us...

      Tunico

      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 2, 2002
        This is right on...

        --- In kitesurf@y..., "Tunico Lage" <alage@f...> wrote:
        > Let me have a shot at this also...
        >
        > 1 - We will end 2002 with a TOTALLY diferent list of "hot"
        kitesurfers. The
        > "sacred cows" that are still there by force of marketing and videos
        shot on
        > a certain "kite paradise" will no longer fool the masses. How many
        comps one
        > sacred cow has to loose, eliminated in the early rounds, for the
        masses to
        > think that something is wrong with the videos and magazines?
        >
        > 2 - The mith that seems cast in stone (in magazines and videos shot
        at a
        > certain "kite paradise") that "the future of kitesurfing is in
        wakeboarding"
        > will fall crashing to the earth together with a few companies that
        had bet
        > their future on that. (compounded by the fact that in a recent list
        told by
        > Bruno of companies authorized to build "Lagainaux style" kites, I
        could not
        > find Liquid Force).
        >
        > 3 - Landboarding, or kitelandboarding, or whatever the name you
        want to call
        > it (ever heard that beginning of sentence before??) will
        explode...and will
        > get so much tv time and coverage that it may even cause a "reborn"
        of foil
        > kites for use in water because foil companies (mainly paraglider
        companies)
        > will have the incentive to do the amount of R&D necessary to
        properly adapt
        > foils to "boarding" situations, and will have the $$ to mount a
        marketing
        > counter ofensive to the inflatable companies (mainly windsurfing
        companies).

        > 4 - This list will still be a force driving many of the inovations
        we see in
        > stores, even if the "stablishment" insists that they don´t read
        us...

        > Tunico

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • kremerlb2000
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 8, 2002
          Everyone has some good predictions. Heres some of mine.

          --Home Build boards will become common place, (there real easy to
          make)

          --Fins? you guys use fins :)

          --Someone will tell Robby Naish to go back to the 80's where
          his "awsome jerky aireals" and "Skull and crossbones styal" belongs

          --Kitesnowboarding and Kitemountainboarding will get HUGE

          --The X-games or one of those "extream" games (other than gorge games)
          will look at kiting

          --With kites becoming more stable (ARCS:) and larger the midwest will
          surge in kite sails

          --My How to Rip video will become tailtells for my dingy and
          streamers for my kite

          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 10, 2002
            How about creating a "time capsule" in the files area? something like "only
            open in 2003"?

            About the video...last year at our carnival I put a (cassete) tape on my
            kite...very nice effect!

            Tunico