RE: [ksurf] Re: Naish Aero - report

  • Kitepower
    Message 1 of 19 , Dec 31, 2001
      I should clarify that in my experience in the 3 re-launches I have had to do
      it was easier on the North 12.0, to have it not pumped rock hard.
      When I had pumped it really hard it was very difficult to get it to roll on
      its back.
      I have not tried to re-launch an Aero yet, nor have I seen my friend have to
      do one yet, but he was one the phone raving about the hangtime he is getting
      on the Aero, he says he felt like he was hangliding yesterday, getting good
      height but very long hangtime/glidetime.
      I hope to borrow one of his kites today/soon.
      As of tomorrow I will be away at the Nationals until the 7th Jan.

      Cya and
      Goodwinds
      Steve McCormack
      http://www.kitepower.com.au
      mailto:sydney@...
      126 Beach St, Coogee, NSW, Australia 2034
      Open 7 Days 9.30 - 5.30
      Also at 386 Latrobe Terrace Geelong Vic
      Message 2 of 19 , Dec 31, 2001
        I just pulled out my new Aero 16 and inflated it (not eough breeze
        today to fly) one thing I noted is that it isn't very high AR at all. It
        doesn't seem to be much higher AR than my Wipi FA 11.5. This
        kite should be really stable and easy to relaunch.

      • airdoodle
        Message 3 of 19 , Dec 31, 2001
          Nice to hear reports on the first Aeros, I am curious if there is any
          sense of the wind range for these kites (especially since I am
          ordering one!). What might be the general wind range on the
          Aero 12.0 for a 100 kg rider (beginner), I was presuming it to be
          similar to an ARX or would this be a bad idea?

          --- In kitesurf@y..., "abc123kite" <esku@e...> wrote:
> [...]
          > certainly
          > > looks very light. Overall the finish of the Aero is excellent,
          > with nice
          > > standout graphics, especially in the Blue/White version
          Jeremy had.

          > > Conclusion
          > > Aero is a very good, stable kite. Typical Naish high quality.
          Easy
          > to turn
          > > with a light to medium bar pressure (2 attachment points),
          quite a
          > lifty
          > > kite when jumped with, and are priced between R3 and ARX
          over here.

          > > Cya and
          > > Goodwinds
          > > Steve McCormack
          > > http://www.kitepower.com.au
          > > mailto:sydney@k...
          > > 126 Beach St, Coogee, NSW, Australia 2034
        • Kitepower

[...]
            * > >
[...]
            * > > mailto:geelong@k...
            *
            *
            Message 5 of 19 , Jan 1, 2002
              In low wind, I think the ARX is better, you can go up wind easier
              with at least the same if not more power then the Aero.
              In high wind it's different, the Aero is more powered (with less
              option of depower) but with the right board you can adge well and
              control the power better because of his steady power.
              The ARX have more wind rang but I think the Aero is better for
              strong winds and wakeboards.
              All this is based on short time on the Aero 10 and long exp' with
              all the ARX kites line.
              Eyal

            • Philippe Lavigne
              Message 6 of 19 , Jan 3, 2002
                Test
              • ckflyer@aol.com
                Message 7 of 19 , Jan 14, 2002
                  To those who criticize:
                  Experimentation, trial and error, research and development is what has
                  brought us this great sport of kitesurfing...Now we are tersting ourselves to
                  see the limits of height , distance and endurance...We should commend
                  congratulate those who push the limits and succeed, and not put them down...
                  If you want to put down pioneers and record breakers you will have to put
                  down
                  Lindberg for crossing the Atlantic and Armstrong for going to the Moon..

                  Pushing the extreme limits of Kitesurfing is only for a select few, and I
                  offer my congratulations to the participants of the World Record Crossing
                  from Key West to Cuba...This was a tough accomplishment and I will commend
                  Neil, Kent, and Fabrice for their endurance and completion of the 97 non stop
                  miles and Paul and Oliver for their attempt.

                  Chris Kjos
                  <A HREF="http://www.kitesurfusa.com/">KitesurfUSA.com</A> Kitesurf School & Equipment
                  Florida Kitesurfing Association (F.K.A.)
                  Watersports Unlimited Inc.
                  301 Seabreeze Blvd.
                  Ft Lauderdale, Florida USA 33316