2 Chicken loop bar and Q-power

  • jonwinsley
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 30, 2001
      First off, I just want to say how much I appreciate my Qpower line. I
      had to roll my lines up in the water today and come in through the
      shore break. It took me 6 minutes to untangle everything on a 4 line
      bar. This would have taken much longer back in the other type of line
      days.

      In other information,
      I posted a photo of my 2 chicken loop bar at(the address is case
      sensitive)

      http://www2.hawaii.edu/~winsley/stuffs/barlines.jpg

      I made it to overcome some of the shortcomings of the line tamer and
      incorporating a couple of ideas I picked up on the group, and adding
      a couple of ideas. I wanted a chicken loop I could twist on yet have
      one I could get into super easy. I stuck 2 on the same bar. I tuck
      the loop I dont want to use behind the white tape, which holds the
      loop in use above the harness loop. I havent actually twisted with
      this bar, am reluctant to end up maybe purposely crashing. I have
      flown in both chicken loops and either works fine.

      The whitish cord is some stuff called vectron (spelling??) from West
      Marine, stronger than spectra. Great stuff.

      Since I make my own Q lines and they are cheaper than Vectron I made
      the leading edge lines shorter to compensate for long leading edge
      leaders due the safety leash connection.

      I also drilled a hole in the trim strap buckle, tied a cord to it,
      ran it up through a metal ring in the trim strap, then back to the
      bar. To release the trim strap buckle I just pull the line at the
      bar. Otherwise I cant reach the trim strap buckle to release it.

      The whole setup is quite tangle free.