Flysurfer Easy 12M review?

  • ian.bancroft
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 27, 2001
      This foil has recently been reduced in price by about 25% by the UK importer. Can anybody offer an insight into how it flies and its useable windrange? How does it compare to the Boom Vector 11.5?
      thanks
      Ian

    • macca_12002
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 27, 2001
        --- In kitesurf@y..., "ian.bancroft" <ian.bancroft@n...> wrote:
        > This foil has recently been reduced in price by about 25% by the UK
        importer. Can anybody offer an insight into how it flies and its
        useable windrange? How does it compare to the Boom Vector 11.5?
        > thanks
        > Ian

      • macca_12002
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 27, 2001
          Hi Ian

          WWW.flysurfer.de has reduced all its kite prices(ex 16m).

          I have the 12m Mastair, 7-14knts,(85kg LW169).

          They aren't as easy to fly as tubes you have to practice more with
          them.Depower is by flying kite to edge of window.Sven at oceanside
          (UK) is the importer and very helpfull.

          Cheers guy

          --- In kitesurf@y..., "ian.bancroft" <ian.bancroft@n...> wrote:
          > This foil has recently been reduced in price by about 25% by the UK
          importer. Can anybody offer an insight into how it flies and its
          useable windrange? How does it compare to the Boom Vector 11.5?
          > thanks
          > Ian

        • fernmanus
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 28, 2001
            >Depower is by flying kite to edge of window.Sven at oceanside
            > (UK) is the importer and very helpfull.

            Not true - the Mastair incorporates a pulley system near the
            bridles. The new control bar features a chicken loop for depowering
            the kite. See the archives for more info.

            Kenny
          • macca_12002
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 28, 2001
              Kenny, what i mean is you depower with the chicken loop, which makes
              the kite fly to the edge of the window, less depower.For full power
              the trailing edge is braked moving kite back in the window for
              greater power. Depower lifts trailing edge flying kite to edge of
              window.For saftey let go of bar and kite folds in on it self with
              little pull.

              They just dont dump power instantly like a Tube does.

              Sven is the UK man for info. :o)

              --- In kitesurf@y..., "fernmanus" <fernmanus@y...> wrote:
              > >Depower is by flying kite to edge of window.Sven at oceanside
              > > (UK) is the importer and very helpfull.
              >

              > Not true - the Mastair incorporates a pulley system near the
              > bridles. The new control bar features a chicken loop for
              depowering
              > the kite. See the archives for more info.
              >
              > Kenny
            • kitesnowboarder
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 30, 2001
                Thanks
                Your dealer should have all the 2001 flysurfers at cheaper prices
                not just the easy
                I know i do
                and remeber, the flysurfers have the depower
                and the boom doesn't
                not to say ther a bad kite
                i don't know sweet FA about the Boom
                i just know they have no depower loop
                which is a nice feature
                it really helps the upwindability on em too

                Dan Sheridan
                www.kitesnowboarding.net
                Kites,Gear,Lessons and Info
                North America's number 1 online
                gear shop for kitesnowboarders
                Email: dan@...
                Phone: 416 818 6787

                --- In kitesurf@y..., "ian.bancroft" <ian.bancroft@n...> wrote:
                > This foil has recently been reduced in price by about 25% by the UK
                importer. Can anybody offer an insight into how it flies and its
                useable windrange? How does it compare to the Boom Vector 11.5?
                > thanks
                > Ian

              • claudio_ehr
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 31, 2001
                  Hi Dan, (mister kitesnowboarder)

                  you wrote:

                  > I know i do
                  > and remeber, the flysurfers have the depower
                  > and the boom doesn't
                  > not to say ther a bad kite
                  > i don't know sweet FA about the Boom
                  > i just know they have no depower loop

                  well, what you say is NOT true:
                  The kite called BOOM Vector DOES have a depower system. They call
                  it "speedystem" and that is what it actually does: it speeds the kite
                  to the edge of the wind window. They show the system on their
                  website, have a look.

                  Happy new year to all of you!

                  Claudio Ehringer
                • gregwalshau
                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 31, 2001
                    --- In kitesurf@y..., "claudio_ehr" <claudio_e@m...> wrote:
                    > Hi Dan, (mister kitesnowboarder)
                    >
                    > you wrote:
                    >
                    > > I know i do
                    > > and remeber, the flysurfers have the depower
                    > > and the boom doesn't
                    > > not to say ther a bad kite
                    > > i don't know sweet FA about the Boom
                    > > i just know they have no depower loop
                    >
                    > well, what you say is NOT true:
                    > The kite called BOOM Vector DOES have a depower system. They call
                    > it "speedystem" and that is what it actually does: it speeds the
                    kite
                    > to the edge of the wind window. They show the system on their
                    > website, have a look.
                    >
                    > Happy new year to all of you!
                    >
                    > Claudio Ehringer

                    The production Vectors are now delivered with the speed system as
                    standard. The manufacturer says the team riders make some pretty big
                    claims as to the effectiveness of the system. I have only tried mine
                    in lighter winds so I'm not in a position to give a firm opinion on
                    the system yet.

                    The speed system tilts the whole wing forward, similar to a tube kite
                    system. It doesn't just work the brakes like most other foil
                    depowering systems. It certainly retains the amazing Vector stability
                    at full speed.

                    It's a 4 1/2 line system (2 flying lines, 1 brake/leash line and 1
                    trim line splitting to a Y about 2/3 to the wing (4 1/3?). It doesn't
                    seem to tangle-prone yet but it is a little more effort to check in
                    setup than the 3-line system.

                    Regards

                    Greg
                  • kitesnowboarder
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 1, 2002
                      Guys
                      sorry about writing the boom having no depower post
                      i went to the site and didn't see a depower so i jump to a conclusion
                      thats great that they have depower
                      i love foils as i am a snow addict more than water
                      and foils rule the snow hands down in thefreezing cold
                      does anyone now the US retail price on the booms
                      i sell a crap pile of foils and am always interested in new foils
                      so if someone could email me the retail prices directly that would be
                      cool
                      maybe i will get some to snow test
                      sorry again about the blunder
                      i wasn't slagging the kite
                      i love all kites and they all have there perposes
                      Later guys
                      hope you all have good winds