Wide boards???

  • throb_list
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 4, 2001
      I see a lot of posts on this group lately regarding wider boards.

      Now everyone is saying that they are the latest and greatest.

      Now please someone correct me if I am wrong, but is a normal
      wakeboard not just this..... Looking at wake boards and comparing
      them to a kitewakeboard (either the Naish or Liquidforce) the
      kiteboard looks a lot like a long(ish) narrow wakeboard.

      Now I have seen Hyperlite wakeboards with the same length as say the
      Naish wake but only wider.... it is worth noting that they are about
      half the price of a kite wakeboard.

      Now everyone is saying "narrow is out - the latest for 2002 is wider
      but still short". To me that translates to "You know those guys
      behind the boats just might be onto something"

      So then should I fork out double the amount of money just because a
      kiteboarding pro is riding this board or should I save the money and
      go for a porduction wakeboard??

      Cheers

      Anthony
    • stevewilburn2002
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 5, 2001
        I have 141 pickle fork and a 2002 Airrush wake but my fave board is a
        $100 wake its 140 long 41cm wide and has loads of rocker. It feels
        super stable jumps realy well the only problem is it 3 times a heavy.
        Up wind through chop is no problem.
        Steve