Check out www.gaastrakites.com Innovations !

  • emet.cormon@village.uunet.be
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2001
      A lot innovations in the new GAASTRA kites
      http://www.gaastrakites.com
      .Only one bladder to pump
      .Battens
      .Special better performance form: very long horizontal part and
      relatively sharp turn
      .Gaastra accelerator system: sounds great !
      .Parts look strong and sturdy and tamper proof.
      WOW !
      Just buy it and test it, so I know how good and better it is.

      Now almost all windsurf sail makers (Naish, North, Gaastra) are in
      the business. Just Neil Pryde ?
    • c_batalha@clix.pt
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 2, 2001
        Neil Pryde??? Who do you think is making the Cabrinha kites??? Neil
        Pryde is behind Cabrinha on this kite business.

        Good winds
        CB

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 2, 2001
          Nice shape!!! Maximizing the project area will be the way to go in
          the future. This will make small kites to have more power (probably
          whats being happening with 2002 Cabrinhas and Airush kites?? Once you
          can pump them like rock, the kite designer will be able to make a
          more eliptical shape on the LE and so have more project area).

          But I would like to see Gaastra kites pics instead of drawings... I
          find hard to believe that they will be able to do such a "square"
          shape, even with a spar (cause it will have to be a REAL hard spar to
          hold that shape). Such a spar will not be a light weight for sure and
          will be a pain in the ass to pack.

          Good winds
          Carlos Batalha

        • thorpes@arklogic.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 3, 2001
            --- In kitesurf@y..., emet.cormon@v... wrote:
            > A lot innovations in the new GAASTRA kites
            > http://www.gaastrakites.com ...

            > .Special better performance form: very long horizontal part
            > and relatively sharp turn

            Looks like a variation on a Seasmik/Next - using a "profile
            stabilizing spar" to hold that straight leading edge instead of a
            minimal bridle.

            Steve T.