Re: Dinner Tray..... Wholey shit.

  • callum@dr.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 2, 2001
      Hey David,

      Looks like we have a problem on our hands...

      We can't really use the dinner trays till it's a solid 12, more like
      14. Yoiu have a larger tt you no longer really want to use, and I
      have a directional I no longer want to use. I don't want to have to
      wait till 14 to go kitesurfing or I won't get enough in.... Lifes a
      bitch.

      So when the underground BigBoy tray commming out for the lighter days?
      Or am I just going to have to buy a bigger kite than my 11.8ab???

      Callum

      I'm thinking a bigger kite.... Anyone flown a 22m north yet??
    • traigtrumbo@earthlink.net
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 2, 2001
        --- In kitesurf@y..., callum@d... wrote:
        > Hey David,
        >
        > Looks like we have a problem on our hands...
        >
        > We can't really use the dinner trays till it's a solid 12, more like
        > 14. Yoiu have a larger tt you no longer really want to use, and I
        > have a directional I no longer want to use. I don't want to have to
        > wait till 14 to go kitesurfing or I won't get enough in.... Lifes a
        > bitch.
        >
        > So when the underground BigBoy tray commming out for the lighter
        days?
        > Or am I just going to have to buy a bigger kite than my 11.8ab???
        >
        > Callum
        Hey Callum. I'm sure the big underground will rip but the e board
        168 tt Misoscape is a light wind machine as well. By the way my 1410
        arc with flares and leach gets me planing around ten and actually
        getting some jumping in 11 to 12mph average on the 168 e and in around
        12 to thirteen on the underground 162 wake. I weigh 195 pounds. My
        friends on the large inflatos are just not getting the apparent wind
        from kite speed I am with the PL and the large amount of sheeting we
        set them up with. Same weight, most experienced local on Wipi 11.8
        projected airblast and larger board no match. The 1410 is only 10
        projected and looks tiny next to it. The guys on the 16 airblast
        can't get the thing to move fast enough to get a light air advantage.
        Hope the new mounting point they are experimenting with on the
        inflatos will help. The leach definately helps on my arc 1410 as
        does the forward mounting on the spars as my flares provide. Just
        giving you an option not bagging on other nice kites as yes I do sell
        arcs and used to sell and may one day again sell the inflatos. Just
        not overly impressed from what I have seen of them yet in our average
        lighter winds. The Mambo observations sound promising though. Good
        luck on the bigger tt. A flat bottom (very little rocker) makes a huge
        difference in the light winds. Have never had a complaint on any
        underground sold and sure the new big one will be no different. The
        big e is a stryo core construction unlike the other models, very well
        wrapped and light (light wind reason probably for lighter board styro
        core). Would take a realy hard hit to get water in. The undergrounds
        are all divinicell and thus no water absorption if dinged. E board
        price is low and holds quite well considering it's size. Have to
        agree with Steve on his observation on the e board if not on his view
        on arcs and launching??? Never had a student or seen others with any
        clue have any problems launching if using brakes in the process and
        with proper pre inflation. All the old hand inflato guys out here
        call learning on an arc cheating as it is so darn easy. The kites
        that stay aloft in our most gusty winds are the arcs and the
        occasional blade. Even John's dog can launch an arc blindfolded with
        his front paws tied. Rumor only, never witnessed his dog spitting
        sand on the trailing edge. You can buy some of last years flaw
        designed inflatos for near the same low price as an arc. In windsurf
        sails the dacron stretched unevenly...Hmmm?? Maybe I should just sell
        tire repair kits and actually make some money. Just pulling your
        strings. John's dog actually curses like a sailor and can walk
        upright. Darwin and genetic engineering in kites and pets. My
        neighbors goat just got in the sports illustrated swim suit issue.
        It's sheerin time. Gotta run. It all works. Have Fun. Traig

      • kitebord@pacbell.net
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 2, 2001
          --- In kitesurf@y..., traigtrumbo@e... wrote:

          > Hope the new mounting point they are experimenting with on the
          > inflatos will help.

          I haven't heard of that one yet. Please explain.

          Mel
        • callum@dr.com
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 2, 2001
            I think? Traig is talking about the multiple pigtail placment option
            on some of the new inflatables. 2 Options for back line placement,
            One right on the trailing edge and one further in, closer to the
            front attacment point....

            But then may be he is talking about something entirely different!!

            Callum

          • kitebord@pacbell.net
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 2, 2001
              --- In kitesurf@y..., callum@d... wrote:
              > I think? Traig is talking about the multiple pigtail placment
              option
              > on some of the new inflatables. 2 Options for back line placement,
              > One right on the trailing edge and one further in, closer to the
              > front attacment point....
              >
              > But then may be he is talking about something entirely different!!

              I can't really see how that would help low wind performance. Aren't
              those supposed to be for high wind, to make the kite more stable?
              (less responsive).

              Mel
            • callum@dr.com
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 2, 2001
                > I can't really see how that would help low wind performance.
                Aren't
                > those supposed to be for high wind, to make the kite more stable?
                > (less responsive).

                Thats what I thought as well, but that's what sprung to mind when
                traig mentioned experimental attachment points on inflatables.
                Perhaps he was talking about something else....
              • traigtrumbo@earthlink.net
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 3, 2001
                  --- In kitesurf@y..., kitebord@p... wrote:
                  > --- In kitesurf@y..., traigtrumbo@e... wrote:
                  >
                  > > Hope the new mounting point they are experimenting with on the
                  > > inflatos will help.
                  >
                  > I haven't heard of that one yet. Please explain.
                  >
                  > Mel
                  Hi Mel. I was refering to the rear attachment point moved
                  superiorly on the big inflatables which the guys are claiming to make
                  the large puppies turn quite a bit better. All the best. Traig