Re: [ksurf] Naish Polyfuse Tech Sheet!

  • Suntrax
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 2, 2001
      Have a 10m Aero in my hand and the Polyfuse looks and feels great, very
      light, taffeta on the outside and mat shiny on the inside, I know the
      membrane is glued but it almost looks like it has been sprayed on, doesn't
      LOOK like it could possibly delaminate, very flexible.
      Graphics look great!. Carbon bar with a gradual radiused hole in the NYLON,
      through bar, insert, if this solves the wear problem this is the bar of the
      future!
      Anyway we are off to the beach to do the Capetown Aero launch, S 15-20knts
      forecast!

      Brian

      Brian Wilson
      Suntrax
      Tel/fax 027 21 5560044
      cell; 0824656696
      www.suntrax.co.za

      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 2, 2001
        Any chance of posting some close up piccies Brian?

        Cya and
        Goodwinds
        Steve McCormack
        http://www.kitepower.com.au
        mailto:sydney@...
        126 Beach St, Coogee, NSW, Australia 2034
        Open 7 Days 9.30 - 5.30
        Also at 386 Latrobe Terrace Geelong Vic

        > It is carefully worded technobabble IMO!! ;-))
        > Dacron is a trade name owned by DuPont I think, it is a cloth made from
        > polyester fibres.
        > The taffeta base material the tech sheet babbles about is polyester too,
        but
        > it is being laminated to a polyester membrane, so there is still potential
        > for delamming.
        > It is true some "dacron" cloths are stiffened with a resin which breaks
        > down, but there has also been a cloth available for several years that is
        > heat bonded and flattened, which I think is what is being used in the
        North,
        > Slingshot, Airush kites.
        > I still think that Naish do a lot of research and development testing and
        > the cloth is most likely a huge improvement over the cchnobabble
        > current material.
        > I really dislike badly researched technobabble, especially when they say
        bad
        > things about a product and in fact their product is made for the same base
        > material.
        >
        > Cya and
        > Goodwinds
        > Steve McCormack
        > http://www.kitepower.com.au
        > mailto:sydney@...
        > Open 7 days
        > Phone +61293157894

      • Suntrax
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 3, 2001
          This is the best we have for now http://www.windfreak.com/cswc/aero/.

          Good winds

          brian

          Brian Wilson
          Suntrax
          Tel/fax 027 21 5560044
          cell; 0824656696
          www.suntrax.co.za

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          > > Support your local kitesurf association !

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Robin Zwissler
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 3, 2001
            Brian, could you please make a picture of the bar?

            Robin
            http://www.kite-surf.com
          • c_batalha@clix.pt
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 3, 2001
              Man....

              It's damm ugly!! ;) I would rather see the old AR5 graphics!

              But, as usual, this is a personal opinion...

              CB

              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 4, 2001
                Hi Robin

                Sorry, haven't got a digital camera, this is Africa :o)
                Best we have is on http://www.naishkites.com/kites_products.asp?page=aero

                Regards

                Brian

                Brian Wilson