RE: [ksurf] Naish Polyfuse Tech Sheet!

  • Kitepower
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2001
      It is carefully worded technobabble IMO!! ;-))
      Dacron is a trade name owned by DuPont I think, it is a cloth made from
      polyester fibres.
      The taffeta base material the tech sheet babbles about is polyester too, but
      it is being laminated to a polyester membrane, so there is still potential
      for delamming.
      It is true some "dacron" cloths are stiffened with a resin which breaks
      down, but there has also been a cloth available for several years that is
      heat bonded and flattened, which I think is what is being used in the North,
      Slingshot, Airush kites.
      I still think that Naish do a lot of research and development testing and
      the cloth is most likely a huge improvement over the cchnobabble
      current material.
      I really dislike badly researched technobabble, especially when they say bad
      things about a product and in fact their product is made for the same base
      material.

      Cya and
      Goodwinds
      Steve McCormack
      http://www.kitepower.com.au
      mailto:sydney@...
      Open 7 days
      126 Beach St, Coogee, Sydney, Australia 2034
      Phone +61293157894