Re: [ksurf] Naish Polyfuse Tech Sheet!

  • Paul Coutinho
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 1, 2001
      Well in these sort of things there is always a compromise.
      Performance over durability or vice versa.
      In anycase, the worse bit is when you pay and don´t get your moneys worth.
      Manufactures are very prone to publishing the kites specs as a market scheme
      but I´ve never seen
      any brand say:
      "Our kite will last at least X number of years"
      or
      "This kite is garantied to last so many hours of use"
      altough addressing something like that is difficult (there are some many
      variables... use, wind strentgh, users weight and so on) that pinning it
      down would be close to impossible but a minimum should be offered. After all
      most products are sold with some sort of time use indication for warranty.

      Paul

      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 2, 2001
        Have a 10m Aero in my hand and the Polyfuse looks and feels great, very
        light, taffeta on the outside and mat shiny on the inside, I know the
        membrane is glued but it almost looks like it has been sprayed on, doesn't
        LOOK like it could possibly delaminate, very flexible.
        Graphics look great!. Carbon bar with a gradual radiused hole in the NYLON,
        through bar, insert, if this solves the wear problem this is the bar of the
        future!
        Anyway we are off to the beach to do the Capetown Aero launch, S 15-20knts
        forecast!

        Brian

        Brian Wilson
        Suntrax
        Tel/fax 027 21 5560044
        cell; 0824656696
        www.suntrax.co.za

        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 2, 2001
          Any chance of posting some close up piccies Brian?

          Cya and
          Goodwinds
          Steve McCormack
          http://www.kitepower.com.au
          mailto:sydney@...
          126 Beach St, Coogee, NSW, Australia 2034
          Open 7 Days 9.30 - 5.30
          Also at 386 Latrobe Terrace Geelong Vic

          > It is carefully worded technobabble IMO!! ;-))
          > Dacron is a trade name owned by DuPont I think, it is a cloth made from
          > polyester fibres.
          > The taffeta base material the tech sheet babbles about is polyester too,
          but
          > it is being laminated to a polyester membrane, so there is still potential
          > for delamming.
          > It is true some "dacron" cloths are stiffened with a resin which breaks
          > down, but there has also been a cloth available for several years that is
          > heat bonded and flattened, which I think is what is being used in the
          North,
          > Slingshot, Airush kites.
          > I still think that Naish do a lot of research and development testing and
          > the cloth is most likely a huge improvement over the cchnobabble
          > current material.
          > I really dislike badly researched technobabble, especially when they say
          bad
          > things about a product and in fact their product is made for the same base
          > material.
          >
          > Cya and
          > Goodwinds
          > Steve McCormack
          > http://www.kitepower.com.au
          > mailto:sydney@...
          > Open 7 days
          > Phone +61293157894

        • Suntrax
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 3, 2001
            This is the best we have for now http://www.windfreak.com/cswc/aero/.

            Good winds

            brian

            Brian Wilson
            Suntrax
            Tel/fax 027 21 5560044
            cell; 0824656696
            www.suntrax.co.za

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            > > Support your local kitesurf association !

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Robin Zwissler
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 3, 2001
              Brian, could you please make a picture of the bar?

              Robin
              http://www.kite-surf.com
            • c_batalha@clix.pt
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 3, 2001
                Man....

                It's damm ugly!! ;) I would rather see the old AR5 graphics!

                But, as usual, this is a personal opinion...

                CB

                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 4, 2001
                  Hi Robin

                  Sorry, haven't got a digital camera, this is Africa :o)
                  Best we have is on http://www.naishkites.com/kites_products.asp?page=aero

                  Regards

                  Brian

                  Brian Wilson