Naish Polyfuse Tech Sheet!

  • c_batalha@clix.pt
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2001
      Hi

      Does anyone knows if the new leading edge fabric from Naish
      (Polyfuse) is as good as they say in theirs Tech Sheet? You can see
      it on www.kiteboarding.be .

      They are saying that this new material (used on both Aero and Virus)
      is stronger and stiffer than Dacron. Is this the usual "comercial
      crap" or does it really have some advantages?

      Good winds 4UALL
      Carlos
    • Kitepower
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2001
        It is carefully worded technobabble IMO!! ;-))
        Dacron is a trade name owned by DuPont I think, it is a cloth made from
        polyester fibres.
        The taffeta base material the tech sheet babbles about is polyester too, but
        it is being laminated to a polyester membrane, so there is still potential
        for delamming.
        It is true some "dacron" cloths are stiffened with a resin which breaks
        down, but there has also been a cloth available for several years that is
        heat bonded and flattened, which I think is what is being used in the North,
        Slingshot, Airush kites.
        I still think that Naish do a lot of research and development testing and
        the cloth is most likely a huge improvement over the cchnobabble
        current material.
        I really dislike badly researched technobabble, especially when they say bad
        things about a product and in fact their product is made for the same base
        material.

        Cya and
        Goodwinds
        Steve McCormack
        http://www.kitepower.com.au
        mailto:sydney@...
        Open 7 days
        126 Beach St, Coogee, Sydney, Australia 2034
        Phone +61293157894