Re:Stacking two Slingshot B3's for snow....

  • bettyd@sympatico.ca
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2001
      Hi all,
      I would like to try and stack 2 Slingshot B3's for winter
      kiteboarding. Is this possible? Any ideas would be greatly
      appreciated.

      Thanks,

      T-Boyz
    • Kitepower
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2001
        G'day T-Boyz
        Good Luck! ;-) I only say that because it is not a simple thing to do and
        would be beyond my patience to get it to fly well.
        Problem is you need to make a whole bridle to attach to the back skin of the
        front B3, so that the back B3 can be stacked.
        Plus the internal ribs of the front B3 need to be reinforced or strong line
        needs to be sewn to the ribs of the front B3 and another destroy a good kite
        method would be to poke holes in the back skin of the front B3 and feed each
        bridle leg through and tie off directly to the front B3's normal bridle
        attachment points.
        Technically it is possible to stack almost any kites, but sometimes it is
        not worth it, I suggest you look into getting a bigger kite!
        In an early edition of Kiteboarding Magazine there is a pic of 2 Blade 4.9's
        stacked, so it can be done!

        Cya and
        Goodwinds
        Steve McCormack
        http://www.kitepower.com.au
        mailto:sydney@...
        126 Beach St, Coogee, NSW, Australia 2034
        Open 7 Days 9.30 - 5.30
        Also at 386 Latrobe Terrace Geelong Vic