Re: [ksurf] Virginia/Maryland Locations

  • John Lutter
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2001
      Brett, welcome to the area.

      I'm in the local kite group Wings over Washington (WOW). Unfortunately, your
      going to have a hard time finding a spot to kitesurf within atleast an hour
      to two hours away depending on how you drive. Virginia Beach VA, Dewey
      Beach, DE or Ocean City, MD (possibly Annapolis) are about the closest to
      the DC area.

      Best I can offer you would be buggying and regular kiteflying. We will be
      meeting at the Washington Monument this Sunday, where you can meet up with
      some pretty cool folks, and fly a bit. We have a few buggiers among us who
      might be able to set you up with some "land surfing".. I know it's not
      kitesurfing, but it might be able to tide you over until spring time. :>

      Just stop on by anytime on Sunday. You can't miss us.

      Email me direct for more info if your interested.

      John J. Lutter
      http://www.kitestop.com
      Come join our thriving community of kiteflyers!