RE: [ksurf] Re: Gusty winds: what kite?

  • Kitepower
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 30, 2001
      It did fly strangely on land, only because none of us were really used to
      it, the guys who flew it best were hooked in and heavily loading it before
      turning it back to boost.
      When I flew it I was feeling a bit old :-), wearing someone else too big
      harness, and I am very wary of jumping on land with a kite I am unfamiliar
      with, and generally reluctant to jump on land anyway due to the 6 crushed
      vertebrae I have sustained in previous accidents (1 kite and 2 motorcycle
      related).
      It seemed to me that you had to maintain load on the front lines, if not it
      would tend to stall, this is easier on the water as you are going to be
      constantly in the trim loop and edging hard against the pull of the kite.
      Single skin slip'n'slides are better than double skin ribbed inflated ones
      anyway! ;-)

      Cya and
      Goodwinds
      Steve McCormack
      http://www.kitepower.com.au
      mailto:sydney@...
      126 Beach St, Coogee, NSW, Australia 2034
      Open 7 Days 9.30 - 5.30
      Also at 386 Latrobe Terrace Geelong Vic