Mauricio Abreu Kitesurf Trophy

  • Tunico Lage
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2001
      Hi all,

      Almost every kitesurfer knows Mauricio Abreu, a brazilian who lives and
      kites in Maui, Hawaii. Well, he came to Rio de Janeiro to participate in the
      Brazilian Championships, and found that the organizers were unable to secure
      sponsors for the event. What he did? Curse this third world country?? behave
      like a spoiled kitesurf star??? NO!! He dug deep in his own pocket and found
      a spare U$5.000 to donate to the event!
      The organizers renamend the event "The Mauricio Abreu Kitesurf Trophy", and
      the competition is going on right now!
      Check it at:

      http://www.flysurfing.com.br

      English version available.

      The top 2 competitor will be seeded into the Kiteboard World Pro Tour
      starting next monday (you will see it too at www.flysurfing.com.br )
      I will atend the competition every day and will not only take pictures and
      shoot video...I plan on kiting a lot too...:-)
      The sun is out, the wind is blowing...looking forward for 2 weeks of hot
      action.

      See ya,

      Antonio "Tunico" Lage
      http://www.flysurfing.com.br
      http://www.kitesurf.tv

      P.S. THANKĀ“S A LOT MAURICIO....I WISH THERE WERE MORE PEOPLE LIKE YOU!!!