Lets see what they say

  • Paul Coutinho
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2001
      Hello again Steve.

      He is the email I´ve just sent Peter Lynn.
      I don´t know what good it will do but I´m pushing this story as far as I
      can!

      Cheers
      Paul Coutinho

      Dear Peter Lynn,

      I would like to tell you the story of my ARC 1120 bought in
      http://www.vliegerop.nl thru the Internet.

      I have an ARC 1120 that I´ve had for less than a year and it has little use.
      Recently I noticed a small separation of the fabric from the sewing on the
      right coner LE, nothing
      very serious since it was only begining but I though I´ll have it fixed
      before it gets worse.

      So I set it to a paragliding shop "Arrepio,Lda "(which also sells and
      repairs kitesurfing kites)
      to have it repaired since it had a good reputation on repairs.

      A week later, I stop by to pick up my kite and notice that the repair was
      even worse than what it was before,
      the fabric was coming apart where the new stiches were and the stiches
      weren´t made in a straight line.

      They swed the kite further out from the original holes so the original holes
      where left
      exposed before reaching the black strip where the stiches go!
      I´m sure that the kite will rip through those holes first chance it gets in
      the air.
      Aside from that the stiches they made were with white line and even
      worse....! They didn´t even keep the stiches in a straight
      line, at certain points the stich actually leaves the black stip and enters
      the kite fabric. I get uterly upset just thinking about it.
      So in sum almost 1000 US bucks down the drain...

      I am in located in Porto- Portugal so there are no official representatives
      for Peter Lynn Kites, there is
      one or another representative of Peter Lynn products.

      Like for example this one or at least he claims he imports your buggie
      products and this is where I tried to
      get the kite repaired:

      ---
      Arrepio. lda
      Rua Prof. Antão Almeida Garrett 229
      4250 - 043 Porto

      tel. 228301915
      fax. 228303940
      mobile 917235216 \ 917514551 \ 919300488

      email info@...

      website
      www.arrepio.com
      ---

      Well, he is my story. As sad as it is. Now that it´s been told, I was
      wondering what I can do about it? And please, don´t forward this to
      http://www.vliegerop.nl because on previous emails I´ve sent you, you´ve
      forwarded them to Vliegerop and I´ve never received any response.

      Best Regards
      Paul Coutinho