Re: freebar - don´t know

  • kitebord@pacbell.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 29, 2001
      I ALWAYS use a depowering kiteleash system. With MelMods Version 2
      (as pictured in my group files folder) the leash is integral with the
      center strap, so there's no separate leash line to twist around
      anything.

      The "bar leash" (as pictured in my folder) is always necessary
      without harness lines, or if you ever drop the bar it will dangle
      DIRECTLY beneath the kite (about 40' downwind from wherever you
      are). With or without harness lines it makes for easy, reliable
      waterlaunching after releasing to the leash, otherwise the bar can
      move all the way to the kite (with harness lines) or a linelength
      PAST the kite (without harness lines for the trim line to go through).

      The bar never goes out of reach with an inflatable. With an ARC it
      can go a little far, but you can always grab the bar leash to
      retrieve it.

      Did that cover all the questions?

      Mel