Re: Gath Visor - Problems?

  • marsupilamin@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 29, 2001
      There is not much space between the adjustable visor and your face
      (at least in my case :), so I cannot see how the visor would cause a
      problem. E.g. the visor does not hit the water much earlier than your
      face would have done. What I believe could cause problems with some
      other helmets is their floatyness. Reasoning in the same way as with
      PFDs something floaty will cause an abrupt stop when you hit the
      water in a crash. This is why I like the Gath hat, because it is very
      slim and does not stop your head from crossing the water surface like
      most other helmets do. Hey, maybe you could use both PFD and helmet
      just to compensate :)

      Robert

      --- In kitesurf@y..., Carlo van Wyk <carlo@s...> wrote:
      > Hi
      >
      > I'm thinking about buying the Gath Visor as I get sunburn easily.
      Someone