Re: [ksurf] Leashless & finless

  • Colin Gowland
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2001
      Hung have you ever been really overpowered with no fins in large swell or
      chop? It's terrible and takes a LOT more work to ride in a straight line.
      You have to concentrate pressing the board down into the water as well as
      edging which requires more muscles to work. It's also harder to load the
      rail with the kite higher up when getting ready to jump- less bite. I tried
      finless in very powered up conditions and it sucked.

    • hungvu@netcom.ca
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 3, 2001
        Colin,

        I have been finless for roughly 2 months now and have been out in
        all conditions except for wave.

        I don't think I need fins with bi-directional board. If I want fins, I
        rather use directional.

        Give it more try. Remember how "terrible" it was when you first ride
        goofy on a snowboard?

        Hung.