Anyone been to Zanzibar?

  • hmsgeoff@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2001
      I like this site, but my boss hates it.

      Can anyone advize me on the kitesufing possibilities in Zanzibar at
      the end of November?

      Thanks
      Geoff
    • anton.grove@saparabia.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 24, 2001
        Hi Geoff

        I have been to Zanzibar. Great Island. Better to get away from
        Stonetown and go to the other side of the Island. I have not Kite
        Surfed there, but did some diving. Diving is normally good during
        Nov, Dec, Jan because there is no wind. There are a lot of dive
        schools on the Island and Holiday resorts, who would be able to give
        you info.

        Cheers

        Anton

      • gapagod@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 26, 2001

          > > Can anyone advize me on the kitesufing possibilities in Zanzibar
          at
          > > the end of November?

          If you're in that neck of the woods, go to Dar es Salaam in
          Tanzania. The yacht club there is the Dar es Salaam Yacht Club.
          Great sailing. Small beach though. Best beach is just to the North
          along Masasani Bay, heading up towards Kanuchi Beach and Bahari Beach
          resorts. Nice sheltered bay because of Bongoyo Island.

          Paradise. I lived in "Dar" from when I was 13 to 19. Tons of great
          sailing, parties, and skirt.

          Jim