Gorge Games - action videos available.

  • steffen.sunde@c2i.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 31, 2001
      Gorge Games - Slingshot team rider action videos.

      There are two action videos featuring the Slingshot team riders
      available on this web page: www.flyfungus.no/nytt/

      Just scroll down the Swedish babbling and find the Slingshot 4MB or
      the Slingshot 10MB highlighted text and click on either of it to
      start. Or just right click and download if you want to save the
      files. You need an updated Windows Media Player to see .wmv files.

      Steffen
    • Jeremy H
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 2001
        Thanks for the link, best action I've seen.
        Jeff Tobias and the young team are really pushing the limits!!
        After spending time kiting on Oahu with Jeff and other Oahu guns Will
        James and Matin Vari, I can tell you they not only rip, they have
        positive, friendly attitudes and are generally cool. Not always the
        case on Maui.

        Jeremy

      • gorgekiteboarder@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 5, 2001
          http://www.flyfungus.no/nytt/video/slingshot 10mb wmp.wmv
          Cool videos! Definitely worth downloading, even with my slow
          connection. I loved seeing Jeff Tobias doing those perfect toe-side-
          double-tantrum-tack things. I've been working on those this fall,
          and seeing it in video is inspirational. Another high point is the
          footage of Jeff Tobias smashing himself onto the rock jetty during
          the contest. If only you could hear the gasps of horror from the
          crowd in the video! Then he gets up, finishes his heat, advances,
          and gets 4th place overall!
          Regarding the good old chicken loop debate, I have to point out that
          in every shot in the entire video, all the riders are fully utilising
          the chicken loop. Yeah, Mark Doyle looks a little bit "dangly" in a
          few of the shots, but he's a local teenager who has only been kiting
          for a year or so, and he did beat Flash, Robby Naish, Chris Gilbert
          and many others. Jeff Tobias displays excellent "non-dangly" style
          while fully chicken looped.

          Spencer

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 5, 2001
            Oops, missed something there when posting that link:
            http://www.flyfungus.no/nytt/video/slingshot%2010mb%20wmp.wmv