[ksurf] Re: flippers

  • SUSAN SIMMONS
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 1998
      Martin Rothwell wrote:

      > Christian Klein wrote:
      >
      > > ==> DON'T GO OUT WITHOUT YOUR FLIPPERS :)
      >
      > Good plan for body dragging..............but I think it may be a bit hard to
      > get your feet in the foot straps on the board!
      >
      > All the best wind!!
      >
      > Martin

      When I was in Maui in August I saw a kitesurfer who looked from a
      distance as though he had flippers strapped to his back (in case he had
      to swim rescue himself). Can anyone on Maui verify this?
      Susan in Ct.,USA

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 1998
        When I was in Maui in August I saw a kitesurfer who looked from a
        distance as though he had flippers strapped to his back (in case he had
        to swim rescue himself). Can anyone on Maui verify this?

        I ve seen lifeguards in hawaii go around with bodyboard fins strapped on
        their back of the shorts

      • Pat
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 1998

          >> Subscribe, unsubscribe, opt for a daily digest, or start a new e-group
          >> at http://www.eGroups.com -- Free Web-based e-mail groups.
          >When I was in Maui in August I saw a kitesurfer who looked from a
          >distance as though he had flippers strapped to his back (in case he had
          >to swim rescue himself). Can anyone on Maui verify this?
          >Susan in Ct.,USA

          That was a dorsal fin (great white?), and in California we have learned to
          turn and go the other way when we see that!!!
          :-)
          Pat