Re: [ksurf] Bin Shloggin Spotted/tastefull Arc plug.

  • Decay
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 25, 2001
      Yet again Traig - I WANT SOME OF YOUR DRUGS!!!

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 25, 2001
        tell more about this 12 m Hi ARc...

        Stefano (the one with an F)
      • traigtrumbo@earthlink.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 25, 2001
          --- In kitesurf@y..., Stefano Rosso <stefano@o...> wrote:

          > tell more about this 12 m Hi ARc...
          >
          > Stefano (the one with an F)
          Hi Stefano: Stephan was blowing away our local best on his 16 meter
          projected Airblast Wipi and on a much smaller board with his H Arc 12
          projected. It has an aspect ratio of about seven and as mentioned
          before, a remakably beautiful outline from an esthetic and arodynamic
          standpoint. My lifeguard supervisor who is just beginning to kite
          surf and several of the rangers pointed at the H arc and said "that is
          the best looking kite I have ever seen." Stephan kept the kite moving
          as you would an inflatable to prevent any chance of stall or collapse
          during tricks. It seemed to be very stable in my short time with it
          on the beach and a touch on the leach line adjustment of the trailing
          edge made all the difference according to Stephan in todays
          performance. Depower wasn't a problem as it was light winds. As the
          wind picks up and the kite locks in, it is hard to get away from the
          power at the top end as this kite is SO high performance according to
          Stephano. Wierd watching someone do great loop and spin transitions
          in crap winds. A film crew filming a movie on the beach stopped dead
          to watch the PL show. The two good looking female director/producers
          walked up and asked me to teach them the sport on the spot. Free food
          for the rest of Stephano's stay.... The kite turns very quickly and
          was flown on the short PL bar and on forty meter lines to accomodate
          the long wingspan and keep from pulling the tips in. (Looked to be
          turning much quicker than the 16 Wipi Airblast on thirty meters)
          Apparently there is a lot of talk of the H arcs on the Holland egroups
          as the Viegler designers have been flying them over there. Think, the
          H arc is focused at the buggy guys. Rumor has it that the NZ guys
          have been working to better the all around performance of the H arc
          and have come up with some very cool future water design arc protos
          outside of this H design. My 1410 will keep me happy till the next
          generation comes around our little Malibu puddle. Figures the kite of
          the future show happened to land on my porch. For all around use the
          standard arc is still the bomb and it will probably take quite a bit
          of testing and tuning to make one of these new babies arc like user
          friendly. That is, leave it tied to a stump on the beach for lunch
          and then return later to resume the flying, type of kite. Then
          again...Sure looked good today. It's all good Stefan with an F.
          Traig MonkeyAir
        • andysantacruz@hotmail.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 25, 2001
            Traig,
            Did you take a look at the info I sent you? What do you think? I
            already bought the 12 m super-fly, wish me luck. Please answer to my
            e-mail.
            I am definitely going to work with my aunt next summer, so I will be
            kitesurfing with you every day, can't wait.
            See ya,
            Andres Santacruz