[ksurf] Re: which harness

  • Frank Kubin
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2, 1999
      I recently began using a daKine Kalama chest harness. With the slightly
      higher hook I find it easier to use the hook to lift onto the board than
      with the seat where it was better unhooked. Since I haven't yet been doing
      any real jumps I can't speak for its use for that. It's possible the upward
      pull may be too uncomfortable. But for what I've been doing I now prefer the
      chest harness.

      Frank

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 1999
        Mark, how was the wind in Leucate? I have been using a Maui Magic
        "Dominator" seat harness http://www.mauimagic.com/maui/harnes.htm with good
        success for the last 8 months. The harness, leg straps and spreader bar are
        well padded and it will not give you "wedgies" that you can experience with
        some other harnesses while kitesurfing. I recommend taking off the plastic
        spreader bar quick release clip as it can be popped open by a board leash.

        Good winds,
        Rick

        >I recently began using a daKine Kalama chest harness. With the slightly
        >higher hook I find it easier to use the hook to lift onto the board than
        >with the seat where it was better unhooked. Since I haven't yet been doing
        >any real jumps I can't speak for its use for that. It's possible the upward
        >pull may be too uncomfortable. But for what I've been doing I now prefer
        the
        >chest harness.
        >
        >Frank

      • Michel Montmigny
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 2, 1999
          We used DaKine harness a lot. Speed Seat, Kalama, XT-Seat.

          ST-Seat is a lot more confortable and have a better lombar support. Also you can adjust the REACTOR hight.
          I do jibe and jump with harness.

          Have nice breeze and fly safe.

          Michel Montminy
          http://www.conceptair.com