[ksurf] Re: A Nice Place to Kitesurf in New England

  • Michel Montmigny
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 1, 1999
      I can insure you Raph that my biggest wishes concerning both of us is that very soon we can ride the same WAVE( I'll try to follow you;0))  and have nice talk about it after.
      That is things that will encourage the sport.

      Michel Montminy
      http://www.conceptair.com
      201 bld Tadoussac
      Canton-Tremblay, Qc
      G7H 5A8
      Tél : (418) 545-8368
      De : Michel Montmigny <traction@...>
      À : kitesurf@egroups.com <kitesurf@egroups.com>
      Date : vendredi 30 juillet 1999 16:54

      Hello everybody,

      About whales, I had so much emotions 2 day ago on the Saguenay Fjord.
      This is a 100 km Fjord and I leave just in face of. We have 19 feet tide and salt & cold water from St-Lawrence river come up here at high tide.
      I was kitesurfing with 9.0 WAVE in 8 knots and I had big fun to cruise with Belugas(small 15 foot white whales), about 40 of them not too far from me.
      Last time I had experience like it, it was in 1983 during a funboard session and also one time kayaking.

      I hope it happen to you one day, it's a great moment.

      This morning I MUST whrite something that for few of you will sound strange, maybe long or boring. But for me it's very important to make a point on few things!

      Since we are in the TRACTION kites business, 1991 we have worked a lot and developp a lot of new kites. We do our best to put very nice and efficient kites on the market. We are there because it's our passion and we love what we are doing.

      Our products are certainly not so bad if you look at those results:

      97 World Ice & Snow Sailing Champion in Course racing(myself) and long distance(my business partner Ben Tremblay) with the EX range, and that overall.

      97  French buggy title(France) Laurent Ness  came first with the EX range

      98  3 nd in French buggy Championship with Michel Paul

      99 2 nd  in French buggy Championship with Michel Paul

      99 World Ice and sailing Champion , course racing, long distances,
      1st, 2nd,3nd EX'S TRACTION

      99 Laurent Ness did very well with our WAVE kites in kitesurfing competition and the best will come soon.

      We developp our products in our particular Canadian conditions(3 feet of ice during winter) and they are a lot tested all around the world.
      Then we are really close from what peoples think about our kites and wich changes or ameliorations that we could bring.

      We do have our idea about life as any kite makers do and for sure we are not perfect but we work hard to reach high quality level.

      Why I am breaking your ears with our personnal story today is that since a while, I shout my mouth on very bad and untrue things that few kites makers spread around.

      Did somebody eard Concept Air say something very bad about one or other kites on that planet???
      I dont think so.

      We only take care about our business and it's enough work.

      I eard that aparently we CONCEPT AIR copyed F-ONE kites...
      Let me have a big smile about it, because not too much people know that, but in fall 97 Ben and me we spend 2 weeks in France as kite makers and manufacturers talking about kitesurf and kites with Laurent Ness and Raphael Salles.(I have videos and nice pictures of it)
      At that time Raphael was looking to find a kitemakers to make business with.
      I dont need to tell that during those 2 weeks, we had few brainstorming about wich development could be the best for having nice kites for kitesurfing.

      So to make it shorter, let me ask you wich is the "inventor" ;0) of the TRACTION kites with flap and net on the leading edge????????????????
      I have seen it for the first time on my paraglider , long time ago.

      And from an other hand, I will ask from a very polite way to others that have nothing else  to say or do , to stop saying stupid things about Concept Air kites.

      If there is need I will give name.

      Why even if we are in some business competition could we not having a fair and honest attitude between manufacturers?
      This is my best wish!!!

      To all of you , sorry if I took so much space on the list this morning.

      Have very nice and fly safe.

      Michel Montminy
      http://www.conceptair.com
      201 bld Tadoussac
      Canton-Tremblay, Qc
      G7H 5A8
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 1, 1999
        Hey Michel !
        Do you mean the same wave or the same WAVE your model ?

        When you come to Montpellier to visit your French distributor , call me !

        @+
        Raphaël

        writes:
        >For those of you near Cape Cod:
        >The very tip of Cape Cod (above Provincetown) has a nice beach for
        >kitesurfing, especially if you also have 4 wheel drive. The beach area
        >near Race Point is fairly wide and it is federal land. If you don't
        >have
        >4 wheel drive, you can park (for a nominal fee) in the paved parking
        >lot
        >and walk upwind of the public beach to launch where there are very few
        >people. The whales sometimes come to within a quarter to half mile of
        >the beach, so you'll want to be careful to avoid being just downwind
        >of
        >the stinky, fishy whale breath!
        >Susan in Ct.

        click here
        Click Here!
        click here
        Click Here!

        click here
        Click Here!
      • Michel Montmigny
        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 2, 1999
          No, No! the same liquid WAVE   :0)

          Michel Montminy
          http://www.conceptair.com
          201 bld Tadoussac
          Canton-Tremblay, Qc
          G7H 5A8
          Tél : (418) 545-8368

          writes:
          >For those of you near Cape Cod:
          >The very tip of Cape Cod (above Provincetown) has a nice beach for
          >kitesurfing, especially if you also have 4 wheel drive. The beach area
          >near Race Point is fairly wide and it is federal land. If you don't
          >have
          >4 wheel drive, you can park (for a nominal fee) in the paved parking
          >lot
          >and walk upwind of the public beach to launch where there are very few
          >people. The whales sometimes come to within a quarter to half mile of
          >the beach, so you'll want to be careful to avoid being just downwind
          >of
          >the stinky, fishy whale breath!
          >Susan in Ct.

          click here