Re: Q-power 300s

  • andatv@gte.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2001
      I have heard using different diameter lines may cause them to lock
      with few/some (how many?) twists.

      Andre
    • xtremcata@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2001
        That's a good point,
        I've noticed that my ARC bar (two different diameter line)is always
        harder to untangle than my F-One bar (all same diameter lines)

      • eric_george@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2001
          Is this 3 lines vs. 4? if so, not a fair comparison.

          --- In kitesurf@y..., xtremcata@y... wrote:
          > That's a good point,
          > I've noticed that my ARC bar (two different diameter line)is
          always
          > harder to untangle than my F-One bar (all same diameter lines)
          >
          > --- In kitesurf@y..., andatv@g... wrote:
          > > I have heard using different diameter lines may cause them to
          lock
          > > with few/some (how many?) twists.
          > >
          > > Andre
        • Peter Frank
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 2, 2001
            Was it Airblast's ? Or ARC's ?
            If not, you can not use 300 lb lines that well.

            And did they use the bridle system on the Airblast ?
            When you use the bridles - the "peak" load on the back lines reduces
            by 50%, and the risk of snapping a line almost don't exist.
            The steady load when not pulling the bar is not reduced by the same
            percentage - but compared to other kites, the load on back lines
            (with or without bridles) are much lower. This means the front lines
            are extra loaded with the same amount the back lines are reduced.

            Just info.

            :-) Peter Frank