Re: Waterfoil 5.7 size????

  • arjenmonster@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2001
      Ian, or Walton,

      The ARC 640 is only 4.5 square meters projected, against the 5.7 sq.
      meters of te Waterfoil. So, the greater power of the Waterfoil s nbo
      surprise. Having said that, the Waterfoils are quite powerful for
      their size as well.

      Unfortunately, you cannot fly them with any kind of depowersystem.
      Only on handles you have a certain amount of depower...You can fly
      them on a bar, though. Two main lines on the outside of the bar, the
      two brek-lines going to the middle of the bar, connect this to a
      leash, and use this as a safety-setup. For more info check out the
      forum at www.peterlynnkites.com. or get back to me. I own three
      Waterfoils and two Arcs. Love all of them: in steady wind. Waterfoils
      don't handle gusty winds very well though.

      Hope this helps.

      Arjen.
      --- In kitesurf@y..., "Walton" <awalton@e...> wrote:
      > Guys,
      >
      > During a day kitesurfing here in Ireland yesterday we started off
      on an ARC 630 as it was relatively windy.

      > Yet, after one of the spars bust through the corner of the kite we
      decided to take it down and try and get a 5.7 waterfoil going on a
      four line bar.

      > This kite is surely underestimated in its sizing. It was seriously
      more powerful than the ARC 630. So much so that we dared not even
      take it near the water.

      > Has anyone else found this? Also has anyone else set the waterfoil
      on a bar with a chicken loop? It is definitely a kite designed for
      four line handles but it seemed to fly relatively well.