Re: [ksurf] Storing kites and bladder problems

  • iclimbtrees@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2001
      When rolling up your kite do you fold it in half after rolling it up
      to get it to fit in the bag(zipped up)? I have been having better
      luck than the rest of the black tip flyers by just rolling it up
      after deflating it. The bag is unzipped and extended. I was
      thinking that the less I have to fold the kite the less wear on the
      struts. Hope this help a bit, An I have been told that thicker
      bladders are on their way to the distributors as I am writing this.
      They are a waranty repalcement or something like that(no charge).
      Ask your distributor, or retailer.
      cheers
      mika

    • piacenza1@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 3, 2001
        erik...the best way to...get yourself an arc and forget about the
        bladers.
        they are great.
        G.J.
      • JeffSchilling@hotmail.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 26, 2001
          Are the holes in the actual bladder? I have 8 pin holes in the
          leading edge fabric after only 3 sessions( I guess from the grass and
          stickers). I guess i will have to get a tarp to place under my kite
          while i rig up. Anyways what should i do to repair these timy holes?
          Thanks in advance, Jeff Schilling

        • Brian Erickson
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 2 6:53 PM
            I'd get back to your kite shop and ask for new bladders. Cabrinha
            had some major problems with a batch of bladders and you must have
            been one of the lucky guys. I'm on my third set now that Cabrinha
            has replaced for free. The last set looks much better, the material
            is much more puncture resistant and the seams look great! Make it
            out two sessions now without any problems whereas before I'd have
            leaks after one hour.
            Brian