Re: Arc back draught?

  • traigtrumbo@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2001
      --- In kitesurf@y..., kujira99@h... wrote:
      > Hi all Arc users,
      > I've just wedged my 1120 Arc, haven't had a chance to fly it yet but
      > I inflated it anyway with the wife's hairdryer to check if it's
      > airtight. I noticed that the 'new' air intake in the centre panel
      > allows a little air to escape, whereas all the other existing
      intakes
      > seal fully. It didn't leak before I wedged it and I haven't
      modified
      > the inside sleeve. Anyone else noticed this?
      > Cheers, Jason.

      Hi Jason: When you wedged it, by chance did you catch part of the
      vent sleeve in the wedge? Perhaps a stray cat wondered into the rear
      of the kite while you were sewing? If your kite bolts when a dog is
      on the beach, this may be a sign. Put a pit bull into the trailing
      edge of your kite and seal it to rid the kite of a feline infestation.
      If it is just a minor bit of leakage it probably shouldn't be a big
      deal. A good cat can deal with that. Just turn the kite back inside
      out and check the valve sock at the valve itself to see if it didn't
      get sewn lengthwise along the seam and thus keeping it open. A single
      very sticky bugger if on the sewing finger can hold a valve open.
      This is how politicians keep their eyelids stuck open during lat
      night echosystem degradation idea sessions. Not accusing you of nose
      picking...Just a clinical observation. Have only heard of one guy
      really messing up a wedge job so far. Sewed just the top half way.
      This isn't a cesarian. Do the whole abdomen. Yep, those
      girlfriends blow driers are really great for drying sand so it will
      drop through mesh and other kite stuff. My girlfriend just can't
      figure out why her blow dryers keep burning out and sound like they
      have sand grinding in them. Please keep the blowdryer info of off
      egroups as the gals are starting to kitesurf in very large number and
      the cat will get out of the kite,,,er bag... Don't need my girlfriend
      triming the cats pooper with my nose hair trimmer to get even. Have
      fun. Traig. PS. Anyone needs pre wedged arcs or super nice
      underground and E boards twin tips just drop me a buz. Keep the finger
      out. MonkeyAir.com.
    • Kitepower
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2001
        G'day Traig
        Have you ridden any of the E-Boards yet? The 1.66TT? What do you think of
        them?

        Cya and
        Goodwinds
        Steve McCormack
        http://www.kitepower.com.au
        mailto:sydney@...
        126 Beach St, Coogee, NSW, Australia 2034
        Open 7 Days 9.30 - 5.30
        Also at 386 Latrobe Terrace Geelong Vic
        > I've just wedged my 1120 Arc, haven't had a chance to fly it yet but
        > I inflated it anyway with the wife's hairdryer to check if it's
        > airtight. I noticed that the 'new' air intake in the centre panel
        > allows a little air to escape, whereas all the other existing
        intakes
        > seal fully. It didn't leak before I wedged it and I haven't
        modified
        > the inside sleeve. Anyone else noticed this?
        > Cheers, Jason.

        Hi Jason: When you wedged it, by chance did you catch part of the
        vent sleeve in the wedge? Perhaps a stray cat wondered into the rear
        of the kite while you were sewing? If your kite bolts when a dog is
        on the beach, this may be a sign. Put a pit bull into the trailing
        edge of your kite and seal it to rid the kite of a feline infestation.
        If it is just a minor bit of leakage it probably shouldn't be a big
        deal. A good cat can deal with that. Just turn the kite back inside
        out and check the valve sock at the valve itself to see if it didn't
        get sewn lengthwise along the seam and thus keeping it open. A single
        very sticky bugger if on the sewing finger can hold a valve open.
        This is how politicians keep their eyelids stuck open during lat
        night echosystem degradation idea sessions. Not accusing you of nose
        picking...Just a clinical observation. Have only heard of one guy
        really messing up a wedge job so far. Sewed just the top half way.
        This isn't a cesarian. Do the whole abdomen. Yep, those
        girlfriends blow driers are really great for drying sand so it will
        drop through mesh and other kite stuff. My girlfriend just can't
        figure out why her blow dryers keep burning out and sound like they
        have sand grinding in them. Please keep the blowdryer info of off
        egroups as the gals are starting to kitesurf in very large number and
        the cat will get out of the kite,,,er bag... Don't need my girlfriend
        triming the cats pooper with my nose hair trimmer to get even. Have
        fun. Traig. PS. Anyone needs pre wedged arcs or super nice
        underground and E boards twin tips just drop me a buz. Keep the finger
        out. MonkeyAir.com.

        This group is sponsored by KiteHIGH.com
        For Kitesurfers by Kitesurfers

        http://www.KiteHigh.com

        Win Board or Cabrinha Kite sweepstakes on now.

        1 866 646 7835 Toll Free USA
        808 579 9849
        Email:support@...

      • kujira99@hotmail.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 2, 2001
          --- In kitesurf@y..., traigtrumbo@e... wrote:
          > --- In kitesurf@y..., kujira99@h... wrote:
          Hi Traig,
          Thanks for the enlightenment :) I hadn't sewn the sleeve into the
          wedge, must be some other inexplicable, mysterious reason...perhaps
          there is a cat in the bag after all...

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 17, 2001
            > G'day Traig
            > Have you ridden any of the E-Boards yet? The 1.66TT? What do you
            think of
            > them?
            >
            > Cya and
            > Goodwinds
            > Steve McCorma
            Hi Steve. Yep, sorry for the delay, have not been on the group for a
            bit. The e boards have very sharp rails and great build quality.
            Early planers. The underground has more rocker and probably gets the
            wave nod in the twin tips I have tried. The underground 175 tt is a
            great surf tt. The 166 e board planes almost as quickly as the
            underground 175 do to the fast rocker. The pads are very nice dual
            density units which hold the foot well without heal bungees. Nice
            boards. The polished carbon bottom is a show stopper. The new
            underground dinner tray is also a nice board with metal inserts like a
            wakeboard below the pads to allow boots if needed. My customers are
            very happy with this freestyle board. Looking forward to getting back
            on the water and testing some more of the new stuff myself. Have Fun.
            Traig

            kitesurf-unsubscribe@egroups.com>>>

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/