Arc back draught?

  • kujira99@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2001
      Hi all Arc users,
      I've just wedged my 1120 Arc, haven't had a chance to fly it yet but
      I inflated it anyway with the wife's hairdryer to check if it's
      airtight. I noticed that the 'new' air intake in the centre panel
      allows a little air to escape, whereas all the other existing intakes
      seal fully. It didn't leak before I wedged it and I haven't modified
      the inside sleeve. Anyone else noticed this?
      Cheers, Jason.
    • traigtrumbo@earthlink.net
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2001
        --- In kitesurf@y..., kujira99@h... wrote:
        > Hi all Arc users,
        > I've just wedged my 1120 Arc, haven't had a chance to fly it yet but
        > I inflated it anyway with the wife's hairdryer to check if it's
        > airtight. I noticed that the 'new' air intake in the centre panel
        > allows a little air to escape, whereas all the other existing
        intakes
        > seal fully. It didn't leak before I wedged it and I haven't
        modified
        > the inside sleeve. Anyone else noticed this?
        > Cheers, Jason.

        Hi Jason: When you wedged it, by chance did you catch part of the
        vent sleeve in the wedge? Perhaps a stray cat wondered into the rear
        of the kite while you were sewing? If your kite bolts when a dog is
        on the beach, this may be a sign. Put a pit bull into the trailing
        edge of your kite and seal it to rid the kite of a feline infestation.
        If it is just a minor bit of leakage it probably shouldn't be a big
        deal. A good cat can deal with that. Just turn the kite back inside
        out and check the valve sock at the valve itself to see if it didn't
        get sewn lengthwise along the seam and thus keeping it open. A single
        very sticky bugger if on the sewing finger can hold a valve open.
        This is how politicians keep their eyelids stuck open during lat
        night echosystem degradation idea sessions. Not accusing you of nose
        picking...Just a clinical observation. Have only heard of one guy
        really messing up a wedge job so far. Sewed just the top half way.
        This isn't a cesarian. Do the whole abdomen. Yep, those
        girlfriends blow driers are really great for drying sand so it will
        drop through mesh and other kite stuff. My girlfriend just can't
        figure out why her blow dryers keep burning out and sound like they
        have sand grinding in them. Please keep the blowdryer info of off
        egroups as the gals are starting to kitesurf in very large number and
        the cat will get out of the kite,,,er bag... Don't need my girlfriend
        triming the cats pooper with my nose hair trimmer to get even. Have
        fun. Traig. PS. Anyone needs pre wedged arcs or super nice
        underground and E boards twin tips just drop me a buz. Keep the finger
        out. MonkeyAir.com.
      • Kitepower
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1, 2001
          G'day Traig
          Have you ridden any of the E-Boards yet? The 1.66TT? What do you think of
          them?

          Cya and
          Goodwinds
          Steve McCormack
          http://www.kitepower.com.au
          mailto:sydney@...
          126 Beach St, Coogee, NSW, Australia 2034
          Open 7 Days 9.30 - 5.30
          Also at 386 Latrobe Terrace Geelong Vic
          > I've just wedged my 1120 Arc, haven't had a chance to fly it yet but
          > I inflated it anyway with the wife's hairdryer to check if it's
          > airtight. I noticed that the 'new' air intake in the centre panel
          > allows a little air to escape, whereas all the other existing
          intakes
          > seal fully. It didn't leak before I wedged it and I haven't
          modified
          > the inside sleeve. Anyone else noticed this?
          > Cheers, Jason.

          Hi Jason: When you wedged it, by chance did you catch part of the
          vent sleeve in the wedge? Perhaps a stray cat wondered into the rear
          of the kite while you were sewing? If your kite bolts when a dog is
          on the beach, this may be a sign. Put a pit bull into the trailing
          edge of your kite and seal it to rid the kite of a feline infestation.
          If it is just a minor bit of leakage it probably shouldn't be a big
          deal. A good cat can deal with that. Just turn the kite back inside
          out and check the valve sock at the valve itself to see if it didn't
          get sewn lengthwise along the seam and thus keeping it open. A single
          very sticky bugger if on the sewing finger can hold a valve open.
          This is how politicians keep their eyelids stuck open during lat
          night echosystem degradation idea sessions. Not accusing you of nose
          picking...Just a clinical observation. Have only heard of one guy
          really messing up a wedge job so far. Sewed just the top half way.
          This isn't a cesarian. Do the whole abdomen. Yep, those
          girlfriends blow driers are really great for drying sand so it will
          drop through mesh and other kite stuff. My girlfriend just can't
          figure out why her blow dryers keep burning out and sound like they
          have sand grinding in them. Please keep the blowdryer info of off
          egroups as the gals are starting to kitesurf in very large number and
          the cat will get out of the kite,,,er bag... Don't need my girlfriend
          triming the cats pooper with my nose hair trimmer to get even. Have
          fun. Traig. PS. Anyone needs pre wedged arcs or super nice
          underground and E boards twin tips just drop me a buz. Keep the finger
          out. MonkeyAir.com.

          This group is sponsored by KiteHIGH.com
          For Kitesurfers by Kitesurfers

          http://www.KiteHigh.com

          Win Board or Cabrinha Kite sweepstakes on now.

          1 866 646 7835 Toll Free USA
          808 579 9849
          Email:support@...

        • kujira99@hotmail.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 2, 2001
            --- In kitesurf@y..., traigtrumbo@e... wrote:
            > --- In kitesurf@y..., kujira99@h... wrote:
            Hi Traig,
            Thanks for the enlightenment :) I hadn't sewn the sleeve into the
            wedge, must be some other inexplicable, mysterious reason...perhaps
            there is a cat in the bag after all...

            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 17, 2001
              > G'day Traig
              > Have you ridden any of the E-Boards yet? The 1.66TT? What do you
              think of
              > them?
              >
              > Cya and
              > Goodwinds
              > Steve McCorma
              Hi Steve. Yep, sorry for the delay, have not been on the group for a
              bit. The e boards have very sharp rails and great build quality.
              Early planers. The underground has more rocker and probably gets the
              wave nod in the twin tips I have tried. The underground 175 tt is a
              great surf tt. The 166 e board planes almost as quickly as the
              underground 175 do to the fast rocker. The pads are very nice dual
              density units which hold the foot well without heal bungees. Nice
              boards. The polished carbon bottom is a show stopper. The new
              underground dinner tray is also a nice board with metal inserts like a
              wakeboard below the pads to allow boots if needed. My customers are
              very happy with this freestyle board. Looking forward to getting back
              on the water and testing some more of the new stuff myself. Have Fun.
              Traig

              kitesurf-unsubscribe@egroups.com>>>

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/