Re: [ksurf] Flap Or Zip ( Arc)

  • bnow@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 1, 2001
      Mel

      I don't know what you thought I meant, but when you said "I wonder
      about Velcro on the very END of the flap (where you first start
      rolling"; that is indeed the idea I was trying to express. A sail
      maker could sew the Velcro on in about two minutes flat.

      Mark

      <bnow@e...> wrote:

      > I just bet if an extra Velcro strip were added to the inside of
      the flap material, so that you would first seal the end of the
      flap, ...
      --- In kitesurf@y..., Mel <kitebord@p...> wrote:
      You've given me another idea (by initially misinterpreting what you
      wrote). If you don't like to roll, but it ends up pre-releasing if
      you just tuck the flap in & shut the stock Velcro, I wonder about
      Velcro on the very END of the flap (where you first start rolling).
    • sjybhunter@westnet.com.au
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 1, 2001
        I have just put a piece of velco straping in the trailing edge to
        hold in the middle of the flap on the back of my 1120. Hopfully in a
        big crash it will blow out either end and hold the midlle in so as
        not to release all the pressure. the bum blow out has only happened
        a couple of times in the 9 months I have had the kite.

        Just got the 1120 wedged, not enough wind today to try it out it will
        be interesting to see how it goes up against the 14.9 RRD as they
        have simular projected areas. I also picked up a 460 arc today for
        my wife(honest its for you honey) couldnt help it it was just there
        in the shop whispering shane buy me buy me and i will take you to the
        moon. We flew it in the park in 6-8 knots man does it generate some
        pull when you crank it around and build that apparent wind.

        I will let ya know how the velcro thing works out.

        cheers shane
      • Mel
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 1, 2001
          <bnow@...> wrote:

          > Mel
          >
          > I don't know what you thought I meant, but when you said "I wonder
          > about Velcro on the very END of the flap (where you first start
          > rolling"; that is indeed the idea I was trying to express.

          With the flap extended outside the kite for deflation, you could put Velcro
          at the rearmost part where you start rolling, &/or at the foremost part,
          level with the TE.

          AND <sjybhunter@...> wrote:

          > Just got the 1120 wedged, not enough wind today to try it out it will
          > be interesting to see how it goes up against the 14.9 RRD
          How did the stock 1120 compare?

          Please let us know your wedged results also.

          > as they
          > have similar projected areas.

          I've just uploaded the latest area spreadsheet, including projected areas &
          corrected flat spans for wedged ARCs (with or without one or three center
          cells removed also).

          1120 (8.0 proj) wedged 12cm. is 1107 (7.9 proj.).
          14.9 is about 8.4 proj.

          At 6% smaller, I think the 1107 will have less low end, since the 630 has
          less than a 7.5 Naish which is only 4% bigger, & wedging shouldn't improve
          low end much. I'm really curious about the top end though.

          Mel