Cheap Sandal Bindings

  • jonwinsley@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31 9:53 PM
      I wanted to try out some sandal type binding but didnt want to pay a
      bunch so made some by epoxying 2 cheap(13$), oversize(of my foot)
      tennis shoes from Walmart onto 2 roughly foot size (6"x12", slightly
      bigger would be better) pieces of 1/8" aluminum sheet from a local
      machine shop. I cut the toes off the shoes for drainage, drilled some
      holes in the plate, and bolted them on my twintip. I am running my
      standard foot straps over the shoes for additional strength/padding.
      I have cordlocks on the laces.

      I tried them out today and they work. It was unusually gusty today
      and therefore hard to do a full eval but they work pretty good. Of
      course, I dont stick in them like my wakeboard bindings but they are
      easy on and off.

      I may cut the heel off to make them easier to get in. The tongues
      also fall down in the shoe occasionally making them harder to get on.
      My total cost so far is about 20$, helped by the machine shop
      donating the Aluminum.