Re: [ksurf] Kitesurf competition rules - have Fun

  • LA2WNDSRF@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2001
      In a message dated 8/30/01 8:15:57 PM Pacific Daylight Time, virzi@...
      writes:

      << In Brazil, we will make a kitesurf event but we are confuse abougth
      the rules and how can we make the hits and how many points we
      give for triks ,waves ,etc ,Can somebody send me any book
      competition rules and competition forms with distribuition points for
      judges????? >>

      What is the Point of Your Kiteboarding "Competition"?
      just a question - no offense to be taken-

      Unless you are a "World Cup" event you can make up your own common sense
      rules - at this point with the "standard" of kiteboarding in the world-
      unless you are talking thousands of $$$ - it really doesn't matter (and
      thousands of $$$ may not matter).

      In my experienced opinion-
      Here is what does matter with "Subjective Competions":
      Try and convey a simple & broad enough "rules" or "objectives" approach with
      your competitors that they feel fair about the "competition" upfront, during
      and after the "competition". Keep it easy to understand. They need to know
      what to expect, what to do and what the fair results could be.

      Because kiteboarding "competition" is Very Subjective - make it easy for
      competitors & spectators to understand i.e.- "Best Completed Trick"(or top
      3), "Best Routine"(or top 3), Highest or Longest Hang Time(or top 3), etc..

      Even have the competitors judge themselves - (you save money that way and you
      get the best judges possible too. It might even be more accurate and it does
      make things more fun & responsible for compeitiors too.) Ex.For Best
      Completed Tricks - just list the competitors names and have them indicate the
      top 3 or 5 with a number besides their name for the competition- compile 10,
      20 or more competitors votes and you have the outcome.

      Basically-
      Just go out - show off and have fun, is all that is necessary.
      - have FUN with it for yourself, your friends your sponsors(?),
      your spectators & your media..
      knowing that Brazil invented the Ultimate Fun Event - CARNIVAL -
      I don't see this as being a problem for you!
      Because in the final analysis - what is your "competition" for?

      Scott Carter
      a "fun" guy
    • Jorge Madden
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 31, 2001
        LA2WNDSRF@... wrote:

        knowing that Brazil invented the Ultimate Fun Event - CARNIVAL -
        I don't see this as being a problem for you!

        Just a cultural note.. carnival comes from Venezia, Italy :) Rio de Janeiro
        has the world's most famous carnival, and Tenerife, Canary Islands (my
        home!) the recognised as 2nd best known and better carnival in the world
        after rio's!!

        Madden - carnivalman xD
      • dave.ibby
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2001
          When is the Tenerife Carnival have I missed it? - going out on Tuesday
          dave