[ksurf] Re: Help for an Article

  • Michel Montmigny
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 30, 1998
      srosso@... wrote:

      > A Brazilian radical sports magazine wants to do an article on kitesurfing -
      > which they call Parasurfing ?? Anyway, they have asked me to help them
      > out... I can give them an idea of what the sport is about but being a
      > magazine they need some pictures... they said they can deal with Internet
      > format pictures.
      >
      > I know there are several places on the many kitesurf sites where there are
      > pictures but I suppose many belong to professional photographers. Please
      > tell me what I can give them and I will put in a good word for your
      > site/company.
      >
      > To the manufacturers and other businessmen on the list - if you want me to
      > put in a note about your site/company/products, please send me info and
      > pictures and I will give this material to the magazine. It will of course
      > be to the magazines discretion what they publish. I can scan a copy for
      > whoever is interested later when it comes out (mind you it will be in
      > portuguese). I can promise that I will give an opinion independent of type
      > of equipment and try to portray everybody in a fair light.
      >
      > I count on your help as I cannot get any good pictures myself - too busy
      > flysurfing when the wind is good and all the pictures I have are of low
      > wind...
      >
      > Thanks
      >
      > Stefano
      >
      > PS This is kind of urgent so I would apreciate if you could send me
      > material ASAP

      I will try to send you something in time

      Michel

    • Cory Roeseler
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 3, 1998
        Thanks for the offer, Mauizio.

        Kiteski info:
        Sky Sail Progress
        1407 Taylor St
        Hood River, Oregon 97031
        USA

        Quality Kiteski and Kiteboard equipment since 1992. US patent # 5366182
        Kiteski riders placed 1st through 3rd in 1995 World Championships, '96, and
        '97 and 2nd in '98.

        I'll be happy to load you up with .jpg images, and you are welcome to the
        ones on my website,
        http://www.gorge.net/business/kiteski/home.html

        Cory

        >A Brazilian radical sports magazine wants to do an article on kitesurfing -
        >> which they call Parasurfing ?? Anyway, they have asked me to help them
        >> out... I can give them an idea of what the sport is about but being a
        >> magazine they need some pictures... they said they can deal with Internet
        >> format pictures.
        >>
        >> I know there are several places on the many kitesurf sites where there
        are
        >> pictures but I suppose many belong to professional photographers. Please
        >> tell me what I can give them and I will put in a good word for your
        >> site/company.
        >>
        >> To the manufacturers and other businessmen on the list - if you want me
        >> put in a note about your site/company/products, please send me info and
        >> pictures and I will give this material to the magazine. It will of course
        >> be to the magazines discretion what they publish. I can scan a copy for
        >> whoever is interested later when it comes out (mind you it will be in
        >> portuguese). I can promise that I will give an opinion independent of
        type
        >> of equipment and try to portray everybody in a fair light.
        >>
        >> I count on your help as I cannot get any good pictures myself - too busy
        >> flysurfing when the wind is good and all the pictures I have are of low
        >> wind...
        >>
        >> Thanks
        >>
        >> Stefano
        >>
        >> PS This is kind of urgent so I would apreciate if you could send me
        >> material ASAP

        >hi
        >do you know any brazilian who does k-surf on maui,or if you heard about ?
        >

        >-----
        >See the original message at http://www.egroups.com/list/kitesurf/?start=363
        >--
        >Free e-mail group hosting at http://www.eGroups.com/

      • Gadget
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 4, 1998
          On Tue, 3 Nov 1998, Cory Roeseler wrote:
          >Thanks for the offer, Mauizio.
          <snip>
          >I'll be happy to load you up with .jpg images, and you are welcome to the
          >ones on my website,
          <snip>
          >[ A MIME image / jpeg part was included here. ]
          >
          >[ A MIME image / jpeg part was included here. ]
          >
          >[ A MIME image / jpeg part was included here. ]

          That lot added up to 860kb Cory, what you playing at!!
          Some of us have to pay phone charges by the minute.
          --
          Gadget [Bude, Cornwall, UK]
          mailto:news01@...

        • Cory Roeseler
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 6, 1998
            >That lot added up to 860kb Cory, what you playing at!!
            >Some of us have to pay phone charges by the minute.

            Gadget,

            Sorry for the extra bytes. I only meant to send it to Mauizio. My mistake.

            Cory