[ksurf] Re: area

  • Hung Vu
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 18, 1999
      > A few months ago i bought a Nasawing 250, which is to be 5.5 m², but it is a
      > bit too powerful for the wind speed usually encountered in my country. So i
      > decided to buy a C-quad 3.2. What a surprise when i received it... the two
      > kites have aproxemately the same size. After some calculations, i think the
      > cquad area is right.
      > An advice for Nasawing owner... Don't buy your next kite by refering to the
      > area of your foil.

      I have been told by Peter de Jong, the owner of the enhanced Nasawing
      web site http://www.xs4all.nl/~pdj/nasa.htm, that the Nasawing kite
      could be too slow for kitesurfing and he has not heard of any kitesurfer
      using one.

      I am just wondering whether anyone has tried kitesurfing with a Nasawing
      kite?

      Hung.

    • Ben
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 18, 1999
        I have several Nasawings and have surfed with a 5 sqm (LK2.25) model and a
        7 sqm (LK3) model. I have made them myself and in a two line configuration.
        You have to know the Nasawing is a slow flying but relatively fast turning
        kite
        with a limited windwindow. The design makes it not suitable for upwind
        courses.
        The concequence is however that it keeps pulling like hell, even on the
        edges
        of the window.
        I think that the Nasawing is a stable kite given enough wind.
        I did some kneeboarding with it on the shorebreak and had a blast and even
        made jumps and I also surfed with it. But you have to be prepared to walk
        back
        to the starting place because it's impossible to go upwind with this kite.
        Also needless to say that the kite is not relaunchable from water since it
        is a
        single skin frameless tubeless kite that reduces to a heap of nylon when it
        touches water. Of course you can be seduced of thinking of solutions for
        this
        kite but that wouldn't be worth it for kitesurfing.

        >> A few months ago i bought a Nasawing 250, which is to be 5.5 m, but it
        is a
        >> bit too powerful for the wind speed usually encountered in my country.
        So i
        >> decided to buy a C-quad 3.2. What a surprise when i received it... the
        two
        >> kites have aproxemately the same size. After some calculations, i think
        the
        >> cquad area is right.
        >> An advice for Nasawing owner... Don't buy your next kite by refering to
        the
        >> area of your foil.
        >
        >I have been told by Peter de Jong, the owner of the enhanced Nasawing
        >web site http://www.xs4all.nl/~pdj/nasa.htm, that the Nasawing kite
        >could be too slow for kitesurfing and he has not heard of any kitesurfer
        >using one.
        >
        >I am just wondering whether anyone has tried kitesurfing with a Nasawing
        >kite?
        >
        >Hung.

        >GET $10 OFF ANY ORDER @ healthshop.com! No min. purchase req.
        >Save on vitamins & supplements. Use coupon code: EGROUPS99
        >at checkout. http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/463
        >

        >eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/kitesurf

      • Pierrot Libois
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1, 1999
          Hie Wilfried

          I think that you're french but I write in english :-)))

          > A few months ago i bought a Nasawing 250, which is to be 5.5 m²,

          I made the last month a 4.7 m².

          >but it is a
          > bit too powerful for the wind speed usually encountered in my country.

          What is this wind speed ?

          >So i
          > decided to buy a C-quad 3.2. What a surprise when i received it... the two
          > kites have aproxemately the same size. After some calculations, i think
          the
          > cquad area is right.
          > An advice for Nasawing owner... Don't buy your next kite by refering to
          the
          > area of your foil.

          I checked, with a 2m Nasa height, 4.7 m² !

          @+
          Pierrot
          Caen, Basse Normandie, FRANCE
          Etudiant à l'ESCEM Tours (Sup de Co)
          Mél : libois@...
          Web : http://libois.citeweb.net
          (Cerf-volant en Basse Normandie, Liste ESC etc.)
          ICQ : 15156284
          Fondateur de la liste "Etudes supérieures de commerce" en partenariat avec
          Jean-Marie Truelle (http://www.ifrance.com/prepahec/ ),
          toutes les infos sont sur mon site.