Re: Making 4 Line 2 Line (warning Free Air comments) :-)

  • fishersfort@attglobal.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2001
      --- In kitesurf@y..., "Jeff Quick" <jquick1@h...> wrote:
      > Does anyone know if it is possible to make a 4 line inflateable a 2
      > line kite (using a 2 line bridle system with pulleys)?

      I think if it could be done, the kite companies would have done it.
      It would make the kite cheaper to build it 4 line, and then switch to
      2 line, than the other way around.

      Hey I barely use mine (strap) anymore too. It's only real use is to
      be safe when I'm near land.

      Are those Free Air's sound good yet? The 11.5 flown in 2 line mode
      should have a bottom end equal to the 11.8 Air Blast. The hang time
      of the 11.5 is very long. I rode the 14.9 last night. It has very
      good low end grunt. The aspect ratio looks like the AR5 (good low end
      grunt kites) when looking up. The new skinny ribbed 8.9 has long hang
      time now.

      Dwight

    • kitesurfmn@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2001
        I rode a 14.9 FA in two line the other night. I had lots of trouble
        with the tips colapsing during turns. Any idea what is going on here.
        It was pumped up pretty firm. I tried moving the bridal out to the
        end knots....no positive effect....just even slower turning.

      • fishersfort@attglobal.net
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2001
          I've only ridden it 2 line once. The guy who owned the kite was a
          hard core 2 liner and even he switched that kite to 4 line. It just
          had way to much power to edge against with a tiny wakeboard. I set
          mine up 4 line right away.

          So to answer your question, I don't know, it didn't happen the one
          day I tried it. My friend rode his 2 line for a couple of months and
          never mentioned it.

          Dwight

        • peacesurf@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 1, 2001
            --- In kitesurf@y..., kitesurfmn@y... wrote:
            > I had lots of trouble with the tips colapsing during turns

            Sounds like you are flying it without any wind. How windy was it?
            Rony