Mildew or maybe bleeding color????

  • kitesurfmn@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2001
      I took one of my small kites out of the bag for the first time in a
      while. The kite is black and white. The white areas of the kite had
      some greyish stains on them. The stains looked as if they were "in"
      the white fabric? The stains seemed to be in areas where black was
      rolled over white. The kite was not wet when put away, but it was
      probably not bone dry either. It was stored in my garage, where it
      can get pretty hot. No problems like this with any of my other kites.

      Any ideas what I have going on here? Mildew? Bleeding color?

      Any suggestions to clean it up?
    • fishersfort@attglobal.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2001
        It's color bleeding. I've seen it on black and white ARX's and Free
        Air's. I also saw it on a yellow and white Free Air. I guess all the
        kite fabric sucks this year.

        Dwight

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1, 2001
          Any way to clean it up? or just tough shit.

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 1, 2001
            Mine seemed to clear up a little with age.