Making 4 Line 2 Line

  • Jeff Quick
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2001
      Does anyone know if it is possible to make a 4 line inflateable a 2
      line kite (using a 2 line bridle system with pulleys)?

      Would be sweet to have a 16.4, 11.8, 8.4, and 6.3 Airblast in 2 line
      mode with a preset A/R.

      I am tired of worn out equipment, and trim lines which I barely use
      anyway. Also, after 2 loops, the kite is so hard to steer, its almost
      dangerous. 2 Line would fix this problem.

      Thanks in advance for any info.

      Jeffro
    • fishersfort@attglobal.net
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2001
        --- In kitesurf@y..., "Jeff Quick" <jquick1@h...> wrote:
        > Does anyone know if it is possible to make a 4 line inflateable a 2
        > line kite (using a 2 line bridle system with pulleys)?

        I think if it could be done, the kite companies would have done it.
        It would make the kite cheaper to build it 4 line, and then switch to
        2 line, than the other way around.

        Hey I barely use mine (strap) anymore too. It's only real use is to
        be safe when I'm near land.

        Are those Free Air's sound good yet? The 11.5 flown in 2 line mode
        should have a bottom end equal to the 11.8 Air Blast. The hang time
        of the 11.5 is very long. I rode the 14.9 last night. It has very
        good low end grunt. The aspect ratio looks like the AR5 (good low end
        grunt kites) when looking up. The new skinny ribbed 8.9 has long hang
        time now.

        Dwight

      • kitesurfmn@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2001
          I rode a 14.9 FA in two line the other night. I had lots of trouble
          with the tips colapsing during turns. Any idea what is going on here.
          It was pumped up pretty firm. I tried moving the bridal out to the
          end knots....no positive effect....just even slower turning.

        • fishersfort@attglobal.net
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 1, 2001
            I've only ridden it 2 line once. The guy who owned the kite was a
            hard core 2 liner and even he switched that kite to 4 line. It just
            had way to much power to edge against with a tiny wakeboard. I set
            mine up 4 line right away.

            So to answer your question, I don't know, it didn't happen the one
            day I tried it. My friend rode his 2 line for a couple of months and
            never mentioned it.

            Dwight

          • peacesurf@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 1, 2001
              --- In kitesurf@y..., kitesurfmn@y... wrote:
              > I had lots of trouble with the tips colapsing during turns

              Sounds like you are flying it without any wind. How windy was it?
              Rony