Re: [ksurf] Kitesurfing - a little closer to mainstream!

  • Michael Zywicki
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2001
      Well, I am sure you would be glad to know (even if we
      don't meet on the water), after reading, watching
      videos, flying a stunt kite for years and windsurfing
      for years the one important item I discovered is to
      shell out the funds for a lesson. I have my board on
      it's way, I have a kite waiting for me at the shop and
      I took my weekend off for the lessons. Can't wait. Am
      starting with a nash ar5 15.5 to cope with the summer
      winds in south fla. I was concerned this is a tad big
      for a first timer - however, the word in town is to go
      with this size if I want to have fun, i.e. get my butt
      out of the water... using the airrush 6'6
      directional. Covering my body with bubble rap to
      avoid injury... Most important I think this list is
      great - I am on many others where conversation is dull
      or does not exisist - thanks to all and wish me luck!
      P.s. Still can't find the kite surfing mags in the
      local stores.

      http://phonecard.yahoo.com/