RE: [ksurf] Canada

  • Van de Mosselaer Jef
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 1, 2001
      I'll be travelling around with a group. We'll never stay at the same place
      for more than two days. Travel schedule : Halifax - Kejimkujik - Digby -
      Cabot trail - Sydney. Just thought that it might be fun to rent a kite for
      an afternoon and bring the other group members in contact with powerkiting.
      Maybe go out for a session myself on a free afternoon. I'll see. Maybe they
      are not interested at all. If they are, I can pass by the surf shop.

      Thanks for the info,
      Jef

      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 1, 2001
        I kited last September just up from Risser's Beach...forget the name
        of it, but it was a long spit leading to an island. I stayed in
        Petite Riviere and mostly windsurfed and surfed (Lunenberg) for a few
        days. I only saw one other windsurfer out while I was there, no other
        kites. And by the looks on the faces of beachgoers, I assumed it was
        pretty new to the area. The beach and launch were great (I think the
        wind was SW for onshore). You could drive out on the beach (no 4x4
        required as the sand is packed) and the fried seafood from the silver
        truck was deeeelish after a day on the water. I only had a 3/2
        convertible short sleeve for that beach. Although I needed a 4/3
        fullsuit while surfing. At the time I only had one kite: Mossie 7.5
        and one huge board: Naish SkyPirate 7'6". I'd love to go back some
        day as I thought the entire island was incredible...just like
        charming olde Cape Cod (which is now no longer charming nor olde)...

        --- In kitesurf@y..., Van de Mosselaer Jef <Jef.VandeMosselaer@c...>

        unsubscribe@egroups.com>>>

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        > For Kitesurfers by Kitesurfers
        >
        > http://www.KiteHigh.com
        >
        > Win Board or Cabrinha Kite sweepstakes on now.
        >
        > 1 866 646 7835 Toll Free USA
        > 808 579 9849
        > Email:support@k...
        >
        > <<<to unsubscribe send a message to kitesurf-
        unsubscribe@egroups.com>>>

        > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Troy Bezanson
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 1, 2001
          That beach is called Crescent Beach. It is probably my favorite beach. You
          can do a big downwinder well over a mile and then have someone drive the car
          to pick you up. We also tow the kite buggy around behind the car when the
          winds are too low.

          I recently met a girl there who was in the process of buying a Naish 9.0 but
          didn't follow through. She actually live only minutes from the beach. I
          have to drive an hour and a half to get there.