Leash + Helmet = Danger

  • Jeremy H
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2001
      My 2c worth
      I've seen broken noses, head gashes from slingshoting boards and
      heard countless other kitemares. I would advise to practise upwind
      body dragging as described by Peter in post 35913.
      Once competent in upwind dragging remove the leash, a helmet is then
      an option.
      Besides the obvious slingshoting effect of a surfboard type leash, a
      rope or non strecty leash when tugged to the max, something will
      give, either the plug in your board or your attatchment point ie.
      your foot or harness! The Oceantech reel leash seems to be the best
      option if a leash is a must as in severely gusty wind or strong rips.

      Show me an advanced rider that uses a leash.

      Jeremy