Re: [ksurf] airblast question !

  • Dwight & Jacky
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4, 2001
      As wing designs get better, the illusion there is less power will be more common. This problem first
      appeared in hang glider designs. It just took awhile for our senses to readjust.

      The old 16.0 meter pulled like a truck, but more down wind. The 11.8 is a faster wing. The power is
      still good, but it feels different. Use the faster kite speed to sine fly power into the kite and
      then you will stay planing and going fast. You will go upwind too. The old 16m was not good at this.
      This is what a faster wing design can do for you.

      The line tension can be all four lines equal, be never tighter back lines than front lines. It may
      feel like it's pulling harder adjusted your way, but you will need more wind to plane and stay
      upwind adjusted like that. Experiment and you will see, the kite will get you going with more speed
      with back lines starting to go loose, and therefore you will have a better chance of staying on a
      plane.

      Dwight