landboarding help - AGAIN!@$#!@#

  • svschott@mindspring.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2001
      Hi guys,

      I am getting alot of riding on my MBS with myQuadrafoil with good
      luck.

      Some ??s for the group's experience with landboarding;

      1. How do you keep on a broad reach (upwind) after you make the
      initial downwind powerstroke? I am having some FANTASTIC
      runs but am having difficulty keeping 'upwind'? The 'deathwobble'
      thing I heard about is really dampened when you are on grass.

      2. When you jump - can you blow out the tires on a hard landing?
      I have had some pretty ugly wipeouts and wonder what are the
      limits on the pnematic tires.

      3. What kites are you riding in what wind range? I took the groups
      advice and am looking for a larger Quadrafoil for lighter wind
      but find the best luck with my XL (5 meters) in 15 knts. Should
      I go for the biggest friggin foil I can find for a large kite?
      (XXXL - 9 meters)? - PLEASE YELL IF YOU HAVE A USED 9 METER FOIL
      FOR SALE!!!!!

      Thanks again guys.

      Skip