Re: [ksurf] Need a Silver Bullet for Starboard Jumps

  • Rainer Leuschke
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 3, 2001
      On Tue, 3 Jul 2001 ericandholly@... wrote:
      > I usd to be "jumpidextrous" but now my starboard side jumps are
      > pretty weak--ports are good. Anybody out there had to work through
      > this who has a suggestion/epiphony for me--other than simply back to
      > basics on that side?

      It seems to go in phases for me. I was much better jumping on port right
      out of the gate. Then my starboard jumps got better and suddenly I
      couldn't land the port jumps any more. Currently it's fairly even. I
      think as I got more aggressive about getting UP, my technique changed. I
      think when my port tack jumps really sucked earlier this year I was
      leaning into the pull too much, starting a quarter spin. Opening up
      the shoulders more helped there. Just go out and jump and see if you can
      figure out if you're doing something different now. It's all about TOW.
      R!