Re: [ksurf] Kitegear Stocktaking Sale(Comish) COM)

  • Andy Heaton
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2001
      Brian@inSAdeepinthesouthernhemisphere wrote:
      <<Looks like you guys in the US you pay almost as much for used kites as we sell new ones for.>>

      Andy@maui replied

      COOL Brian, tell me more, I must admit, it's tough to compete with the 3rd world ;o).

      Until.... the serious import taxes with overseas orders that people occasionally overlook...
      until the kite arrives in customs...and then sit...and sits in customs sometimes until the money is paid and/or inspection is finished. It happens quite often. Kite boxes really are good lunch tables in the Customs office you know. Lots of kites go through OK too, luck of the draw:)

      Then there are 'customer service' issues from the other side of the globe, as many distributors and some shops, prefer the kite to be sent back to the shop if a claim is made, to be inspected first (it may be an easy fix the kite needs that an experienced kite retailer can fix or simply remedy). This also gets overlooked at times.

      But as I say, I'll "try" and beat ANY genuine quote.....and customs delays....Import and State TAX FREE, Shipping Too at the moment, not to mention the chance TO WIN A KITE or KHaTT Board when ya buy through us. Drawn Oct 31st Maui.

      I haven't heard the potential Overseas shipping challenges mentioned for a while, and should be mentioned.

      Cheap isn't always a financial only equation at the point of sale.

      There's the real potential of your kite heading back across the globe, and through 2 sets of customs to get back to you, worth when the wind is on?

      I say, support your local guys (or at least help the economy of where you live, as best you can) that know their stuff if the price is comparable, unless of course your a student or a good old kite bum looking for sponsorship.

      Sure, I'm biased, I'm trying to make a living, but the info is real enough and the puns....
      are puns.

      Anyways, it's late and the beers are done.

      Kite on
      Andy Heaton
      http://www.kitehigh.com

      WIN A BOARD OR CABRINHA KITE SWEEP STAKES ON NOW!!

      Em: support@...
      Ph: 1 866 646 7835 TOLL FREE
      Ph: 808 242 2956
      Cl: 808 250 KITE (5483)

      Looks like you guys in the US you pay almost as much for used kites as we
      sell new ones for.
      Check our kite prices in www.suntrax.co.za . All prices are complete with
      bar, lines etc.
      The boards look more in line.

      Remember kite delivery is free to most countries!

      Good winds

      Brian.

      Brian Wilson
      Suntrax