Re: [ksurf] My Inbox

  • Andy Heaton
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 2, 2001
      <<<What many people may not realize is that you can create a seperate folder in
      outlook and and have outlook automatically filter your email and place all
      kitesurf messages into that folder, so that the group does not clutter up
      your inbox>>>

      In IE, you can send any messages with [ksurf] in the subject heading to the 'Deleted Items' Folder, which is the place messages go when deleted from your inbox or where ever else.

      Then it's only 1 click away from being deleted rather than delete a message to deleted folders THEN deleting from that folder again to permanently remove the message.

      I find it works well with the volumes of emails coming in.

      Kite on
      Andy Heaton
      http://www.kitehigh.com

      WIN A BOARD OR CABRINHA KITE SWEEP STAKES ON NOW!!

      Em: support@...
      Ph: 1 866 646 7835 TOLL FREE
      Ph: 808 242 2956
      Cl: 808 250 KITE (5483)

      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 2, 2001
        Dude,

        I would be careful with outlook express.. number one cause for
        trojans to enter your pc without your knowledge. Goto
        http://grc.com/dos/intro.htm to learn more.

        Just some friendly advise from one kitesurfer to another!

        Cheers mate

        unsubscribe@egroups.com >>>

        > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Roland Andrag
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 2, 2001
          > I would be careful with outlook express.. number one cause for
          > trojans to enter your pc without your knowledge.

          Funny you should mention, I had one W32.magistr virus trying to infiltrate
          my pc just this morning! Luckily Norton antivirus caught it.. Guess I'll
          keep downloading those regular updates.. That said, short of changing to
          Linux or using web based email (and IE5 is not entirely secure either) there
          is not much you can do about it.

          Also, Yahoo automatically strips all attachments and converts messages to
          plain text, so all the singing/dancing/jiving java and html gets ripped -
          this pretty much keeps you safe for emails from this list. And M$oft does
          update their software as exploits are uncovered (not as quickly as those
          crazy linux dudes, but until now I still have reservations about writing my
          emails in vi).

          Roland
        • Roland Andrag
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 2, 2001
            > In IE, you can send any messages with [ksurf] in the subject heading to
            the 'Deleted Items' Folder, which is the place messages > go when deleted
            from your inbox or where ever else.

            I'm sure you mean outlook express, not IE, and agree with that - you can
            filter using weither the heading or the To field. Using the heading I got a
            couple of group threads that went private still being thrown into kitesurf
            because of subject line, so now I use the To address. Every now and again
            someone cc's the group, and then the filter misses it. I suppose I could
            just add the cc field.

            > Then it's only 1 click away from being deleted rather than delete a
            message to deleted folders THEN
            > deleting from that folder again to permanently remove the message.

            You can also mark all the messages in the 'kitesurf' folder, and then push
            shift-del on your keyboard. This will delete them permanently without
            passing them through yout 'Deleted Items' folder.

            Roland