Re: [ksurf] Re: Twintips for less than £50 !

  • mans collner
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2001
      Just whanted to agree that this is a nice way to build any kind of
      "no volume" kiteboards.

      I have done a similar project of a board last summer, just three
      layers of birch 4mm plywood and then we wraped it up in one layer of
      glas. Fins in alu.
      What we got was a bit heavy wakeboard in a nice shape, riding on it
      is still great!
      One day of fun work and almost no cost.

      Just did a wallpaper copy of the outline shape, fin places and rocker
      on a new F-one 178 TT, will do one out of that too, and this time I
      will not use as much plywood (layer 2 and 3 will not cover all board)
      and no glas.

      Måns

      Måns Collner

      Phone:
      +46730405242
      Sweden
    • diego@epitec.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 2, 2001
        hoi,

        <piece>
        > Just whanted to agree that this is a nice way to build any kind of
        > "no volume" kiteboards.

        > --
        > Måns Collner
        >
        > Phone:
        > +46730405242
        > Sweden
        <\piece>

        In the book Stunt kite III (AKA SKIII) the are plans of ply wood
        boards that have volume. Waterproof ply wood is combine with stringers
        to build a hollow board. The only problem is that SKIII is only
        availeble in dutch.

        Doei Diego
      • cjgilmore@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 4, 2001
          --- In kitesurf@y..., "Dave Folkard" <dave@f...> wrote:
          > Deck pads....
          > Started with inverted mousemats ! but the fell to bits after a few
          hours.
          > Currently using cheap closed cell foam mat - sold as a camping
          mattress.
          > Better ideas welcome
          >
          > Dave
          Have you tried craft foam. I think it is the same stuff deck pads
          are made of. I got some at a local craft store, it came in 2mm 3mm
          and 6mm thicknesses. I want to set up a dado blade to put groves in
          the foam for extra grip. I bet 1 cm holes in the foam would also
          work for making it grippier also.

          Chris
        • Dave Folkard