Re: [ksurf] These Damn Crappy Harnesses

  • DaveTerry@c4image.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 1, 2001
      Stick with your Da Kine. I've been using my same seat harness for over five
      years..They are bomb proof!, but ...I've done away with the entire reason
      to use the crap from windsurfing..Check out the post, "Why use a loop?
      Direct Connect!

      Dave Terry@...
      POB 321
      Haiku, Hi. 96708
      phonefax-808-573-9120
    • Dwight & Jacky
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 1, 2001
        I agree with this. I am using an old harness I have rebuilt using the best parts off different
        brands. They all suck!

        Dwight

        >Stop using shit quality plastic moulded buckles
        > and spend a bit more time throwing a few extra stitches into the load
        > bearing areas.

        > My 2 bob's worth,
        >
        > Deejay

      • Eric Wynne
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 3, 2001
          Give the Wipika Kite pilot seat harness a try, it the best harness I have used yet
          Eric

        • kitemaster26@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 3, 2001
            has anyone ever mentioned you might be a bit hard on your
            equipment!!!!!

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • darrenthepres@hotmail.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 4, 2001
              Absofrigginlutely. :-)

              Cheers,

              Deejay

              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 4, 2001
                thats what I wanted to hear!!

              • mikeraper@hotmail.com
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 4, 2001
                  Hey guys,

                  Keep an eye out for the new LEWA brand of harness, we are hoping to
                  be out there in 4-6 months. Sliding bar, great load bearing made with
                  good materials. Will keep you posted, sorry about the wait.

                  Mike Raper.

                  --- In kitesurf@y..., kitemaster26@y... wrote:
                  > thats what I wanted to hear!!
                  >

                  > --- In kitesurf@y..., darrenthepres@h... wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Absofrigginlutely. :-)
                  > >

                  > > Cheers,
                  > >
                  > > Deejay
                  > > --- In kitesurf@y..., kitemaster26@y... wrote:
                  > > > has anyone ever mentioned you might be a bit hard on your
                  > > > equipment!!!!!

                  > > harness
                  > > > I have used yet

                  > > using
                  > > > the best parts off different

                  > into
                  > > > the load

                  > > > unsubscribe@egroups.com >>>

                  > > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                  > > > unsubscribe@egroups.com >>>

                  > > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                • Andy Heaton
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 5, 2001
                    Hi Rony

                    <<<Quit bitching about your equipment, nothing just breaks by itself.>>>

                    I KNOW I wasn't bitching, PERIOD, kiters are paying for harnesses that are falling apart quickly and actually. This is a NEW high power sport, right, people want harnesses that are designed for this sport, fair I say.

                    BUT, some things DO break with little or no cause (warranty issues), due to being designed for a different sport altogether, being underdesigned or simply a manufacturing error, it happens regularly. So yes, things do break sometimes when they shouldn't.

                    I think kitesurfing should have kite specific harness and whatever else, if you don't wear a wetsuit, seats can be very uncomfortable if they don't have the padding in the right places, hense..Kite specific, not just strength, but padding and features that we need that windsurfing or whatever else doesn't.

                    I think it's healthy people air their concerns, how else do we get change and improvements, I agree bitching isn;'t the best way and I don't think anyone was too seriously upset.

                    Kite on
                    Andy Heaton
                    http://www.kitehigh.com

                    WIN A BOARD OR CABRINHA KITE SWEEP STAKES ON NOW!!

                    Em: support@...
                    Ph: 1 866 646 7835 TOLL FREE
                    Ph: 808 242 2956
                    Cl: 808 250 KITE (5483)

                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 5, 2001
                      hey I have been using my thermo form dakine waist harness for 2 years
                      now . The only thing i have had to replace in the two years of use
                      was the webbing strap.

                      Not bad !!!

                      Later,
                      Todd