Re: [ksurf] Re: Twintips for less than £50 !

  • mans collner
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2001
      Just whanted to agree that this is a nice way to build any kind of
      "no volume" kiteboards.

      I have done a similar project of a board last summer, just three
      layers of birch 4mm plywood and then we wraped it up in one layer of
      glas. Fins in alu.
      What we got was a bit heavy wakeboard in a nice shape, riding on it
      is still great!
      One day of fun work and almost no cost.

      Just did a wallpaper copy of the outline shape, fin places and rocker
      on a new F-one 178 TT, will do one out of that too, and this time I
      will not use as much plywood (layer 2 and 3 will not cover all board)
      and no glas.

      Måns

      >I've chucked some pics in the Vault
      >'Daves £50 TT'
      >
      >tt1, tt2 are pics of the finished product (after several good sessions).
      >tt3, tt4 show how the rocker was built in.
      >
      >You can use a jigsaw to cut the rocker 'formers.
      >To lay it up I just spread the glue on the dry ply, slapped it (the sandwich
      >of 3 sheets of ply) on the crude rocker table and chucked a few bags of sand
      >on, to apply a bit of pressure. Once the glue has set, the rocker is held
      >in. A bit springs out so you end up with slightly less rocker than you set
      >in the formers.
      >
      >I hope this helps
      >
      >Dave

      Måns Collner

      Phone:
      +46730405242
      Sweden
    • Dave Folkard

      • diego@epitec.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 2, 2001
          hoi,

          <piece>
          > Just whanted to agree that this is a nice way to build any kind of
          > "no volume" kiteboards.

          > --
          > Måns Collner
          >
          > Phone:
          > +46730405242
          > Sweden
          <\piece>

          In the book Stunt kite III (AKA SKIII) the are plans of ply wood
          boards that have volume. Waterproof ply wood is combine with stringers
          to build a hollow board. The only problem is that SKIII is only
          availeble in dutch.

          Doei Diego
        • cjgilmore@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 4, 2001
            --- In kitesurf@y..., "Dave Folkard" <dave@f...> wrote:
            > Deck pads....
            > Started with inverted mousemats ! but the fell to bits after a few
            hours.
            > Currently using cheap closed cell foam mat - sold as a camping
            mattress.
            > Better ideas welcome
            >
            > Dave
            Have you tried craft foam. I think it is the same stuff deck pads
            are made of. I got some at a local craft store, it came in 2mm 3mm
            and 6mm thicknesses. I want to set up a dado blade to put groves in
            the foam for extra grip. I bet 1 cm holes in the foam would also
            work for making it grippier also.

            Chris
          • Dave Folkard